'My daughter is no terrorist, she posed no risk to anyone'
The dad of a Croxteth woman detained over fears she planned to join ISIS today insisted she posed no threat to anyone.
Rebecca Poole was handed an indefinite hospital order after being found guilty of downloading a handbook designed to help terrorists spread misery and bloodshed.
But dad Roy said concerns his daughter would prove an asset to extremists were misplaced - adding she was simply a vulnerable woman who was easily influenced.
Liverpool Crown Court heard a background of evidence that prosecutors used to link Poole with jihadists.
The 27-year-old, who had a history of mental health... read more
- 09:47 The Premier League players who are just one booking away from a...
- 09:46 Berwick store to welcome Santa
- 09:44 Laura's creation becomes MP's Christmas card
- 09:43 Messages of support continue to flood in after heartbreaking news...
- 09:41 Justice secretary praises our killer drivers campaign
- 09:41 Man has part of ear bitten off in nightclub assault
- 09:41 Chinese view £800m Fylde coast power plant project
- 09:40 Police appeal to find missing teenager
- 09:40 Fairfax unit sells more shares in Bank of Ireland
- 09:40 Speeding up links to new health site
- 09:40 Latest transfer news: Arsenal, Chelsea Manchester United and City...
- 09:39 Verdict expected in hate speech trial of Dutch politician Wilders
- 09:38 Justice secretary praises our killer drivers campaign
- 09:38 Anti-cyberbullying sensation heads to Burnley
- 09:38 Man has part of ear bitten off in nightclub assault
- 09:38 Tony Pulis names Chelsea stars Diego Costa, Pedro and Eden Hazard...
- 09:37 Northampton fireplace showroom plans to add 130-seat Italian...
- 09:37 Police appeal to find missing teenager
- 09:36 'Please come home, the whole family is missing you': Wife's...
- 09:36 Freeman Street trader had secret stash of 19,000 fake cigarettes...
- 09:35 An invigorating look at dementia
- 09:35 Investigation launched into death of woman in police custody
- 09:35 Drink-driver before the courts again
- 09:34 ‘Justice has been served’ - Louth stabbing victim speaks out after...
- 09:34 Medical director Suneil Kapadia to leave trust which runs Grantham...
- 09:33 Chelsea ace issues advice to Blues pal: Do this and you can go to...
- 09:33 Turkey to hold referendum next spring on stronger presidency -...
- 09:33 In Trump stronghold, factories are humming but paychecks are thin
- 09:31 Far-right troll Joshua Bonehill-Paine jailed for vile abuse of MP...
- 09:31 Supermarket chain opens pilot store in city