My brother has Down’s syndrome. I wouldn’t change him for the world
“Sausage rolls!” I hear him exclaim, sitting in his place at the table while indulging in his favourite ice-cream. His knowledge is limited, his speech is limited, his comprehension of life is limited – but his emotions are heightened. This is my 13-year-old brother, Sebbie; he has Down’s syndrome, a congenital disorder arising from a chromosome defect.
Sorry, Sally Phillips, but a woman should be able to know if her unborn baby has Down’s syndrome | Hadley Freeman Read more He may not seem as clever as the average child; however, his intelligence, though less apparent, is no less valuable.... read more
- 12:23 Chelsea boss Antonio Conte addresses transfer rumours about star...
- 12:23 Demetrious Johnson retains UFC flyweight title with win over Tim...
- 12:22 Horror as daughter of top EU official raped and murdered by Afghan...
- 12:19 Man loses eye after contact lens became infected by bacteria found...
- 12:18 Bournemouth v Liverpool: LIVE Premier League scores and updates...
- 12:18 Pendle nursery ‘overjoyed’ with national award
- 12:18 Award winning band set to play in East Lancashire
- 12:18 I’m longing for the day my son can tell me he loves me
- 12:17 Awards for High School students
- 12:17 Mercedes to sign Nico Rosberg replacement before end of the year,...
- 12:17 Christmas fundraiser showcases work of Dementia Support South Lincs
- 12:14 Turns out Liverpool ARE playing in the Champions League
- 12:13 Derbyshire police investigates reports of historic child abuse in...
- 12:13 Ironville and Codnor Park Primary School is 'inadequate'
- 12:13 Shop hopes to win licence by not selling super-strength alcohol
- 12:12 Man Utd Transfer News: Shock double Everton swoop, £60m Real raid,...
- 12:10 Derbyshire police investigates reports of historic child abuse in...
- 12:10 Teen’s tragic death is stark reminder on why not to drink or drug...
- 12:08 Award winning band set to play in East Lancashire
- 12:07 Two-car collision causing delays on the A38
- 12:07 Halloween boosts profits for Alton Towers owner
- 12:07 Mum campaigns for traffic lights outside North Wingfield primary
- 12:06 Donation made to food bank is a timely boost before Christmas
- 12:06 Grantham Journal letter: Centre has failed spectacularly
- 12:04 Matt Palmer wants to back up stunning first goal of the season for...
- 12:04 Bournemouth vs Liverpool LIVE: Adam Lallana and Roberto Firmino...
- 12:03 Fire at large Derbyshire building
- 12:03 Police cordon and forensics outside Nottingham's Pryzm nightclub
- 12:00 Bluebell Hospice needs you!
- 11:58 River Trent search after person goes overboard from vessel