Muslim school Jamia al-Hudaa banned from having new pupils over extremism fears
A Nottingham school has been told that it can no longer take new pupils and must partly close due to worries over "extremism" and "twisted ideologies" in the classroom.
The Jamia al-Hudaa Residential College has until Wednesday this week to appeal the decision by the Department for Education.
The independent Muslim fee-paying school in Berkeley Avenue, Mapperley Park, provides education for pupils aged four to 19-years-old, the vast majority of them girls.
There are currently 252 pupils on roll, with 171 of those named as boarders, but the Government has said the... read more
- 11:52 Jose Mourinho's transfer policy hints at his long-term plans at...
- 11:51 Liverpool and Tottenham contact Monaco about Thomas Lemar deal
- 11:51 Trainspotting director and Olympics artistic director Danny Boyle...
- 11:50 Who are the famous faces getting honorary degrees from Sunderland...
- 11:50 Horror as dead moles left dangling from fence near school
- 11:50 Ed Sheeran UK tour 2018: here's the nearest place to see him live
- 11:50 Nine-year-old Beeston schoolboy hopes to deck rivals and become...
- 11:50 What's it like to live in York? Why this charming city set within...
- 11:49 Man raped in attack in Rotherham street
- 11:49 Sheffield Hospital hub will help charity
- 11:49 UK and industrials prominent in Goldman strategists' M&A target...
- 11:49 'She was beautiful inside and out': Devastated family's tribute to...
- 11:49 Play areas across borough to be improved
- 11:48 Swansea target Erwin Mulder on free transfer from Heerenveen as...
- 11:48 Firm hires designer who decorated Prince William’s wedding car
- 11:48 South Ribble MP appointed as Theresa May's aid
- 11:48 Week In Court
- 11:47 Vehicle aquaplanes into trees after leaving Sunderland road
- 11:47 BREAKING: Bomb alert outside McDonald's as gas bottle with igniter...
- 11:46 Fire crews battle commercial blaze
- 11:45 Sewing the Seeds of a Creative South Tyneside business
- 11:45 Khabib Nurmagomedov eyeing spot on UFC 217 card, still wants to...
- 11:45 Coventry City confirm Academy staying put for another season
- 11:44 Muslim festival of Eid prompts sales alert at JD Sports
- 11:44 This 1956 Aston Martin DBR1 could become the most expensive British...
- 11:44 Man sought in relation to Liverpool murder could be in Wrexham
- 11:44 NHS comments after Derbyshire doctor takes her own life
- 11:42 Big Brother star Chanelle McCleary flashes BOTTOM in miniskirt...
- 11:41 Future looks healthy for Boldon’s Opus Medigas
- 11:41 Adolf Hitler is not a 128-year-old man living in Argentina