Music review: Emeli Sandé
The live return of Emeli Sandé, more than four years after the release of her hugely successful debut album Our Version of Events, is no small deal. But this grounded, gracious singer was all relaxed smiles as she unveiled a selection of tracks from new album Long Live The Angels for the first time in her former university stomping ground of Glasgow, expressing the hope for a “conversation” with the crowd – one which was to involve a classy, confident performance on one side and a lot of whooping and lusty professions of love on the other.
Emeli Sandé 4stars
Oran Mor, Glasgow
Her tender,... read more
- 13:22 COUNTY COUNCIL ELECTION: Derbyshire all set to go to the polls
- 13:22 Exxon Mobil profit more than doubles on cost cuts, oil price rise
- 13:21 Man jailed for raping five-year-old girl in South London
- 13:21 Single lady finds romance after TV debut on Take Me Out – with...
- 13:20 Bullring fire: Live updates as firefighters rush to Birmingham...
- 13:20 Stepmum who killed toddler Keegan Downer abandons bid for freedom
- 13:20 What are the 'police' posters plastered all over Tithebarn Street?
- 13:20 South China Sea code with Beijing must be legally binding - ASEAN...
- 13:18 Oxford University sorry for eye contact racism claim
- 13:17 Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp speaks out on Steven Gerrard appointment
- 13:17 Susan’s tasty Easter treats help hospital
- 13:16 Third man charged on suspicion of murdering New Arley father Greg...
- 13:15 Lancaster GP supports vulnerable children at the London Marathon
- 13:15 Countdown is on for Cheshire West and Chester boundary review...
- 13:13 Deutsche Post to deliver groceries for AmazonFresh in Germany
- 13:13 VIDEO: Dramatic footage as sheds and allotments go up in flames
- 13:13 Revealed: New Harrogate mayor + her deep roots in community
- 13:12 Spotted: More Man United injury woe as defender confirms shoulder...
- 13:12 Jurgen Klopp: This is how I feel about Mamadou Sakho's injury
- 13:12 Woodwork students crafted a new sign for village
- 13:12 Anthony Joshua open workout: Photos from boxer's session ahead of...
- 13:11 Will Donald Trump attack North Korea? US President warns 'MAJOR...
- 13:11 Police name man arrested in Whitehall as Mohammed Khalid Omar Ali
- 13:10 Teenager speaks of 'living nightmare' after being shot in the head...
- 13:10 Meet the three-year-old girl who sleeps for just 90 minutes each...
- 13:10 World stocks pause near record highs
- 13:10 Turkey's Erdogan will tell Trump Turkey could help retake Raqqa
- 13:10 Online abuse of teachers needs to be taken seriously - South...
- 13:10 Norway races Australia to fulfill Japan's hydrogen society dream
- 13:10 Homeless man beaten in "unprovoked" attack on busy road in broad...