Music review: BBC SSO/Thomas Dausgaard
City Halls, Glasgow
By the end of its five long hours (or almost), Dausgaard’s Beethoven marathon felt like a revelatory experience. Things had started gently with what was rather a careful, tame Pastoral Symphony, very much an appetiser to the riches that would follow. But the concert burst into vivid life with the arrival of Canadian pianist Jan Lisiecki, who filled the lyrical Fourth Piano Concerto with energy and wonder, crystalline clarity and brittle brilliance while perched precariously on the very edge of his piano stool. Dausgaard followed that remarkable performance... read more
- 10:10 Britain to bask in glorious sunshine after Bank Holiday wash out
- 10:10 Antonio Conte hails Chelsea’s Diego Costa as the ‘best striker in...
- 10:09 Who starred for Hull City in hard-fought draw at Southampton?
- 10:09 This star is Manchester United's player of the year - Gary Neville
- 10:09 Police concerned for safety of missing teenager Tommy-Lee Jeffrey
- 10:09 Castleford 54 Wigan 4: Michael Shenton shines for Tigers
- 10:08 Taxi driver charged in connection with horror crash in Edinburgh's...
- 10:07 There's a picture of Barry Chuckle and Jay Z watching Joshua vs...
- 10:06 Named and shamed: Who's been in Derbyshire's courts?
- 10:06 Police appeal for witnesses after attack
- 10:05 BBC Children In Need supports key Cumbrian project
- 10:04 Pilot hurt in gyrocopter crash on the edge of Cumbria
- 10:02 What should you do if you think your neighbours are smoking cannabis?
- 10:01 'Two men unconscious' in mass brawl with weapons in Cleethorpes
- 09:59 Teacher says sorry I kicked pupil up the backside - but "it worked"
- 09:59 You had one job! Comical photos from around the world capture what...
- 09:59 General Election build-up LIVE: Sunday politics updates including...
- 09:58 Chelsea to offer star man £150,000-a-week deal: He could be at...
- 09:58 Kate and Gerry McCann will do "whatever it takes for as long as it...
- 09:57 Organiser, Oracle, Elephant, Maverick, or Steady Eddie ... which...
- 09:57 Five things which newcomers to Derby just won't get at first
- 09:56 The church column with Rev David Everett
- 09:56 Super date for Jim Jones’ latest manifestation
- 09:54 Locked up in April: A look back at the criminals jailed in the city
- 09:53 Mystery of carving on wall at castle prison
- 09:50 Quad bike driven at police officer on Leeds landfill site
- 09:50 Four-year-old boy dies in serious collision in Leeds
- 09:48 One hour free parking in Oakham
- 09:47 Driver of Seat Ibiza killed in fatal early morning crash in Washington
- 09:47 Gem TV: Iranian CEO Saeed Karimian shot dead in Istanbul