Murder victim's mum to hear campaign for change in parole laws raised in Parliament
A murder victim’s mum will today hear her bid for a change in the law over parole for killers raised in Parliament.
Marie McCourt, from Billinge, has been campaigning to introduce "Helen’s Law" - to deny killers parole if they refuse to reveal where the body is hidden - in honour of her daughter Helen, who was murdered in 1988.
Pub landlord Ian Simms was convicted of killing the 22-year-old but has refused to reveal the location of her body.
Read More Helen McCourt murder: Killer could soon be released after open prison move approved
Marie wants the Government to introduce... read more
- 06:06 VOTE: Help us decide on the best Christmas song of all time
- 06:06 Ban on junk food ads targeted at children
- 06:06 Supermarket recalls balti following allergy fears
- 06:06 Road rage thug gets to keep Vantage
- 06:06 A visit to Newcastle Cathedral
- 06:03 South Korea prosecutors charge two former senior Park officials -...
- 06:01 UFC 206: Holloway vs Pettis - All the action, reaction & results LIVE
- 05:47 Conflict over Russia is rocky start for Trump and intelligence...
- 05:42 South Korea says effect of impeachment vote on markets negligible -...
- 05:27 Huge blast rocks Mogadishu port area
- 05:27 Which current star from your club has made the most assists in...
- 05:26 Man with 6,000 child porn images on computer ends up in court
- 05:13 Syria conflict: Aleppo rebels 'stem army advance'
- 05:13 Taiwan says China air force conducts long-range drills
- 05:02 Thousands of runners to turn out for Santa Fun Run and Walk
- 05:02 Players appreciate Lincoln City fans' 'fantastic' support, says...
- 04:35 Dillian Whyte beats Brit boxer Dereck Chisora on Anthony Joshua v...
- 04:35 Anthony Joshua sets up Wladimir Klitschko showdown after beating...
- 04:34 LETTER: Brexit - ‘Sorry’ seems to be hardest word
- 04:16 India v England fourth Test day four LIVE: Virat Kohli moves past...
- 03:00 'Secure schools' pilot scheme for young offenders
- 03:00 Orgreave files 'to be made public' in first half of 2017
- 02:59 Serbian attitudes harden as migrants gather once again
- 02:52 At least 10 killed by collapse of church in southern Nigeria-resident
- 02:49 Bolivia's abandoned ski resort: A sign of droughts to come?
- 02:49 The Gambia's answer to Coco Chanel
- 02:42 The village that just wants to share
- 02:34 Scott Brown emboldened by Celtic's transformation under Brendan...
- 02:34 Cuts undermining fire services, says Fire Brigades Union
- 02:17 Hyundai Heavy says wins $700 million order from Iran for 10 ships