Murder probe after man dies following disturbance in North Ayrshire
POLICE have launched a murder inquiry after a man injured following a disturbance has died in hospital.
John Smith, 52, was found critically injured at Misk Knowes, in Stevenston, North Ayrshire, on Saturday.
He was taken to Queen Elizabeth University Hospital in Glasgow where he died on Tuesday.
A post mortem examination will be carried out and police said they are treating his death as murder.
A 30 year-old man also found badly injured at the Misk Knowes property at around 3.15pm on Saturday was treated at Crosshouse Hospital in Kilmarnock then later released.
Officers earlier said they... read more
- 10:05 PICTURE: Mysterious Turin Shroud-style horse's head appears on...
- 10:05 Doncaster man jailed for grooming teenage girl online
- 10:04 Could you be a town councillor in Stamford?
- 10:04 M&G lifts UK property funds suspension
- 10:04 DANGEROUS DOGS: 1,500 out-of-control dogs reported to Northants police
- 10:03 Chester woman celebrates Hospice Care Week in verse
- 10:03 Tarporley show jumper on course for national championships
- 10:03 Police release e-fit of man suspected of pulling down woman’s hijab
- 10:02 Police in Barrow issue advice on wearing clown costumes for Halloween
- 10:02 Kenilworth barbershop singers to perform in one-off concert
- 10:02 Chelsea captain John Terry set to miss Man United clash with...
- 10:01 By-election to be held for former prime minister David Cameron’s...
- 10:01 Police issue image of car in relation to Banbury attempted murder
- 10:01 Chance to get involved in plan
- 10:01 Appeal to find missing Warwick woman
- 10:01 Councillors allay fears over relocation of Visions Children’s...
- 10:01 Meet the man behind the gruelling 10K Wolf Run
- 10:00 Hard Brexit ‘would spell disaster for many farms’
- 10:00 Rangers ace Niko Kranjcar in crock shock - Ibrox chiefs fear...
- 09:59 Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho reacts to Paul Pogba-Wayne Rooney Europa...
- 09:59 Shkodran Mustafi sends message to Arsenal stars: We have to keep...
- 09:59 Alain Juppe says Calais migrant checks should return to UK
- 09:59 Man United enter transfer battle with Liverpool and Leicester for...
- 09:59 Expected Chelsea XI: How Antonio Conte will take on Man United with...
- 09:58 Three Conservation Areas have been put on the at risk register
- 09:59 PICTURE: Mysterious Turin Shroud-style horse's head appears on...
- 09:58 Aberfan remembered 50 years on: Minute's silence to honour 144 killed
- 09:58 Two vehicle smash closes busy road
- 09:58 Competition watchdog to probe online gambling firms amid unfair...
- 09:57 Yorkshire businesses ‘can benefit massively’ from American...