Murder investigation launched after burned body found with ‘no head or limbs’
A major murder investigation has been launched after a badly burned body was found in a layby.
The grim discovery was made on Monday afternoon. The remains are so charred that police couldn’t immediately tell the gender of the victim.
The body was in a parking area just outside the village of Tintwistle in the High Peak District, near Glossop.
Blackmailer sends family pic of missing dog hanging by the neck when they refuse to pay ransom At 12.30pm a member of the public found the body in a layby off the A628 just east of Tintwistle and north of Valehouse and Rhodeswood reservoirs.
The cause... read more
- 09:25 Bahrain's Investcorp says to buy 3i's debt-management business
- 09:25 Costa Coffee owner Whitbread's first-half profit rises
- 09:25 Netflix CEO gives conditional approval of AT&T-Time Warner deal
- 09:25 Eyewitness describes harrowing moment Dreamworld rapids ride...
- 09:23 Sean Gregan’s Exclusive PNE column
- 09:23 Secret filming reveals problems relinquishing timeshares
- 09:23 Mourinho preparing Manchester United cull in January transfer window
- 09:22 Noisy students warned to keep quiet - or face prosecution
- 09:21 Look who's 102!
- 09:21 Promising judo star Jamie Death, 11, scoops gold at competition
- 09:21 Passer-by who tried in vain to help Aigburth murder victim: 'I...
- 09:21 Walking over hot coals raises £6,000 for Rainbow House
- 09:21 Lonely Planet puts North Wales #4 in 2017 best places to visit
- 09:21 Green-fingered Alan pens book on life in Preston’s parks
- 09:21 That super hot carb-loving Peruvian chef is now doing naked...
- 09:20 Heaton salon owner 'gutted' after thieves steal luxury ghd collection
- 09:20 Chester Miles of Smiles dinner guests entertained by former...
- 09:20 Anglo American boosts European mining shares to highest since last Aug
- 09:20 Congolese oppose extension of Kabila's mandate, poll shows
- 09:18 Australia's richest woman invests $300 million in British fertilizer
- 09:18 Snapped: Huge boost for Chelsea as Kurt Zouma plays for reserves…...
- 09:16 Whitbread profits perked up by rising Costa sales
- 09:15 How to unlock every trophy on Snapchat
- 09:13 Hartlepool advice survey needs your vote in funding appeal
- 09:12 Assistant Police and Crime Commissioner appointed in South Yorkshire
- 09:12 South Yorkshire motorway lane blocked after crash between car and van
- 09:10 Charlie Nicholas: This is why Arsenal have the best squad in England
- 09:10 Watch Kurt Zouma give away a penalty in his Chelsea comeback
- 09:09 New Toys R Us opening up in Derby's Intu centre
- 09:09 Parents pay tribute to beloved 38-year-old fitness fanatic from...