Mums plea for impatient drivers to cut speed after near miss
0 Have your say Parents are appealing for drivers to slow down at a busy junction after one mum says her son was nearly run over while crossing the road.
Incidents have occurred at the junction of School Road with Queensway, Jepson Way and Common Edge Road in Marton, Blackpool.
Concerned parents of children at St Nicholas CE Primary School on School Road claim some motorists, who have been held up in traffic queues, are jumping the lights.
But today they warned ‘slow down or else a child could be killed’.
Parent Sophie Ward, of Marton, was crossing Queensway, when she says her son Joshua,... read more
- 14:52 Man’s ear ripped almost clean off in attempted carjacking
- 14:52 Man jailed after assaulting two members of public in Chesterfield...
- 14:52 Woman jailed for making hoax calls to police
- 14:51 MP’s ‘crisis talks’ with Government to ensure bill to protect...
- 14:51 Travel Review: Luxury Lake District hotel putting finishing touches...
- 14:51 Changes announced to plans for Ripon's new swimming pool
- 14:50 BREAKING: Duchess of Cambridge gives birth to baby boy
- 14:50 Is it really an achievement to finish a marathon in over six hours?
- 14:49 Ringleader of £7 million helicopter drug gang jailed for more than...
- 14:49 To Infinity War and beyond: are we in danger of Avengers fatigue?
- 14:48 Woman caused £60 worth of damage to car wing mirror
- 14:48 Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is PATHETIC: BBC pundit slams boss...
- 14:47 Ringleader of £7 million helicopter drug gang jailed for more than...
- 14:47 These are the summer opening times for tips in Walsall, Dudley,...
- 14:47 Restaurant apologises after sharing personal details of no-show...
- 14:47 Number of zero-hours contracts in UK rose by 100,000 in 2017 – ONS
- 14:47 Corby youngster takes national table tennis crown
- 14:46 London Marathon death: how safe is long-distance running?
- 14:45 New strategy for Burnley housing company
- 14:45 Morecambe dog waste investigation launched
- 14:44 Aston Villa's new home and away kits for 2017-18: What we know so far
- 14:44 Tamworth FC: Defender Burns: 'I feel ashamed after relegation'
- 14:44 Revealed: How Birmingham City blunted the Blades
- 14:43 Chris Coleman admits he could LEAVE Sunderland after relegation to...
- 14:43 Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho backed to have the last laugh against...
- 14:43 Toure, Pires, Henry: Arsene Wenger's 10 best ever Arsenal signings...
- 14:43 Jurgen Klopp: What Roberto Firmino’s huge heart and support of Mo...
- 14:42 Leeds pub car park murder accused denies intending to cause his...
- 14:42 Abortion clinic buffer zones being considered by more councils
- 14:41 Woman was caught in possession of cocaine