Mum went to hospital with mystery bruising – hours later she found out she had leukaemia
A mum revealed how she went to hospital with unexplained bruising – only to be diagnosed with advanced leukaemia just hours later.
Carole Donnelly, 55, a Wirral property developer, spent months in hospital undergoing gruelling cancer treatment.
The mum-of-one later had a stem cell transplant and recently came face to face with the mystery donor who saved her life.
Carole said: “I remember going into hospital and no-one was there to see me, so I left and went for lunch with my friend.
“When I went back they told me that I never should have left the hospital, something was really wrong.
“I... read more
- 08:40 70 Sheffield homes hit by power cut
- 08:40 Drink-driver crashed off A1 into sign
- 08:40 New crackdown on speeding in Doncaster
- 08:40 Death crash driver was high on cocaine
- 08:39 Garth Crooks' team of the week: Chelsea, Manchester United, Arsenal...
- 08:39 Everything you need to know about recovering from a marathon
- 08:39 The breakup guru who invented conscious uncoupling: ‘I understand...
- 08:37 Kate in early stages of labour
- 08:36 Gossip: Mourinho rules out splashing the cash?
- 08:35 Man wanted by police over assault at Rotherham United v Doncaster...
- 08:34 Police smash £100k cannabis farm in bedrooms of Small Heath house
- 08:34 FA Cup and Premier League: talking points from the weekend's action
- 08:33 Duchess of Cambridge admitted to Lindo Wing after going into labour
- 08:33 70 Sheffield homes hit by power cut
- 08:33 Mark Hughes furious VAR not used after Southampton denied a...
- 08:33 Arsene Wenger backs Shkodran Mustafi to enjoy long-term future at...
- 08:32 Tristan Thompson ''slides into girls' DMs' to cheat on Khloe...
- 08:32 Mohamed Salah sets his sights on the Champions League after...
- 08:32 Pep Guardiola won't tell Manchester City fans not to invade pitch...
- 08:32 Hoffenheim boss Julian Nagelsmann plays down reports linking him...
- 08:31 Gosberton area war memorials in line for clean-up
- 08:31 Spalding Fire Station needs enthusiastic crew members like Harry
- 08:29 Young moped rider in 'serious' condition after four-vehicle crash...
- 08:27 Still reading something you started months ago? You’ve got...
- 08:26 Police searches continue for missing Whitby man
- 08:26 Revealed: The worst anti-social behaviour hotspots in east Leeds
- 08:25 World’s newest great ape threatened by Chinese dam
- 08:25 Ewan McGregor walks red carpet with daughter days after she poses...
- 08:25 Young moped rider in 'serious' condition after four-vehicle crash...
- 08:25 Chorley ace Laura Massaro into quarter-finals in Egypt