Mum slams Good Hope Hospital after medics miss baby's meningitis
A furious mum has slammed a Midland hospital after medics failed to spot her young baby was suffering from meningitis.
Rachel Collins said she went through ‘48 hours of hell’ after staff at Good Hope Hospital missed vital signs that her 11-month-old son Freddie had contracted viral meningitis - despite showing nine out of ten key symptoms.
Rachel, of Liberty Road in Tamworth, had even seen a poster on the ward about ‘common symptoms of meningitis’ - but said doctors had made her feel like she was ‘overly protective’.
The 32-year-old said they had told her it was ‘just a gastroenteritis’ and... read more
- 16:25 Leahy books National Final spot following tough Parks encounter
- 16:24 Late firing times announced
- 16:24 Hundreds raised for local hospice following Heart of Ulverston Awards
- 16:24 Would you like to make a difference to children’s education?
- 16:23 YouTuber, 14, bursts into tears as she reveals school bullies told...
- 16:23 Rare red sprites in action: Dazzling footage shows mysterious...
- 16:23 Is this the key to treating PTSD? Scientists pinpoint fear in the...
- 16:21 Man accused of firearm offences appears in court
- 16:20 Fire safety warning to Sheffield students 'propping open doors to...
- 16:20 This new Lady Gaga waxwork will haunt your dreams
- 16:20 Families enjoy FanFest event at Sunderland’s Stadium of Light
- 16:20 Police appeal after woman sexually assaulted in Washington
- 16:20 Fleetwood takeaway shut down after police raid
- 16:19 Scandal-hit security firm G4S receives 'unprecedented levels' of...
- 16:19 Could CUCUMBERS lead to a cure for Alzheimer's? Breakthrough jab...
- 16:19 Joe Ledley keeps impressive Derby County statistic intact
- 16:19 Vaccine promises to wipe out pneumonia, sepsis and meningitis,...
- 16:19 Cruel Derby teen sets fire to crow - while friend films it
- 16:19 The 180 breast cancer genes: One in five women has a variant that...
- 16:19 Fire safety warning to Sheffield students 'propping open doors to...
- 16:18 Death of man in Seaton could be linked to carbon monoxide
- 16:18 Would you like to make a difference to children’s education?
- 16:18 Birmingham boy, 15, charged with preparing for terrorist acts
- 16:18 Next Everton manager: Peter Reid gives new boss demands after...
- 16:18 Tottenham news: Harry Kane inspired by Diego Maradona's Wembley visit
- 16:18 Bernard Tomic serves UNDERARM during first round match in Erste...
- 16:17 Xbox Backwards Compatibility list: FIRST wave of Original Xbox...
- 16:17 Families enjoy FanFest event at Sunderland’s Stadium of Light
- 16:17 How Pep Guardiola has made Manchester City a much harder team to...
- 16:17 UPDATE: Did you see man following Rainworth robbery?