Mum's horror as son, 11, grabbed by man posing as police officer in Hull
The mother of a young boy has told of her horror after a man posing as a police officer grabbed her son and tried to force him to walk away with him in a west Hull street.
The 11-year-old boy had gone to buy some cucumber from Sainsbury's in Chanterlands Avenue at around 5.25pm on Sunday when a man approached him, took hold of his arm and tried to pull him away.
The boy's mother, who has asked not to be named, said: “The man said to him 'I'm a policeman, I have got you now'.
“He then tried to walk down Chants Avenue with him but only got a few steps when my son managed to pull his arm out... read more
- 16:09 Council grows number of allotment plots it runs in town by 28
- 16:08 When safety is a danger
- 16:07 Gold and silver prices SURGE amid fears US stock markets are about...
- 16:06 Tyne’s link to US war entry
- 16:06 Nottingham mum calls on maternity leave to be increased
- 16:04 Historian digs into Cumbrian village's past
- 16:03 Boy, 10, survives deadly spider bite after receiving record anti-venom
- 16:03 Zlatan Ibrahimovic could play until he’s 40, says Manchester United...
- 16:03 WATCH: Customers praise The Waterfront's new look after it reopens...
- 16:01 Snow to hit Scotland again as Storm Doris aftermath sees...
- 16:00 Where in the North East are you least likely to pick up a speeding...
- 15:59 Air ambulance called after car crashes into Derbyshire shop
- 15:58 Thief caught holding up a toy shop with a carrier bag over her head
- 15:57 The Voice UK 2017: 'It's hard' Linda Lusardi's daughter Lucy...
- 15:55 Wood shoots Leeds United to vital victory over Sheffield Wednesday
- 15:55 This couple with Down’s syndrome are celebrating 22 years of marriage
- 15:55 Concern growing for missing man Stephen Charlton who was last seen...
- 15:54 Philippines people power anniversary sparks anti-Duterte protests
- 15:51 Electronics retailer hhgregg could file for bankruptcy next month:...
- 15:51 Berkshire Hathaway gains $1.6 billion from its huge bite of Apple
- 15:47 Ex-Chelsea star opens up on return to Stamford Bridge
- 15:45 Two-year investigation put South Shields drug smuggler behind bars
- 15:44 Man United boss Mourinho shocked me by doing this, but it backfired...
- 15:43 Swansea boss sends warning to Chelsea: Transfer target will be up...
- 15:43 Arsenal legend: Man United star will be wanted by Premier League...
- 15:43 Antonio Conte: This gave me sleepless nights
- 15:42 Ex-Liverpool FC keeper Doni has no sympathy for Claudio Ranieri
- 15:41 Van crash in North Lincolnshire
- 15:41 Nostalgia: New equipment for Birkbeck School
- 15:41 Hull FC's Jake Connor hopes to retain spot despite 'shocking'...