Mum's heartbreak over three-year-old's death after mistake during surgery
A mum told of her heartbreak after her three-year-old daughter died from a mistake during surgery at Alder Hey hospital.
The hospital has apologised over the death of “happy soul” Caitlyn Parry, admitting failures in care and agreeing a settlement with her family.
Mum Sian Parry, 37, said she was still suffering from the tragic loss of her daughter in March 2010.
She claimed she had been forced to fight the hospital since then and seek legal help to get the full story and an apology over what happened.
Caitlyn had gone in for an operation to remove a Wilms' tumour, a form of kidney cancer... read more
- 09:49 St Mirren boss Jack Ross calls for greater protection for star man...
- 09:49 Nelson woman accused of pocketing £71,000 from Burnley care home
- 09:49 India 'religious murder' case: Donations for suspect blocked
- 09:48 Number of people considered homeless jumps by 6%
- 09:48 Satellite pictures show just how much snow fell across Derby and...
- 09:47 David Moyes reveals BRUTAL new rule is the secret to West Ham’s...
- 09:45 Millennials will spend £1.1MILLION on rent over their lifetimes if...
- 09:44 Amazing satellite images show Nottinghamshire blanketed in snow
- 09:44 Passenger plane carrying 25 people crashes into field
- 09:43 New board to make life-saving swimming pool rescues in South Yorkshire
- 09:43 Gun, taser and drugs found in police raid on Sheffield house
- 09:43 The best films on TV this Christmas
- 09:42 Fin-tastic cash for Bassetlaw Hospital
- 09:42 Theft of cash from ATM: Police want to speak to this man
- 09:42 'I got him as a secret Santa present' - the very worst reasons why...
- 09:41 Scarborough Council to crack down on grave memorials after ‘disco’...
- 09:40 Martin O'Neill's Aston Villa signings - where are they now?
- 09:39 New board to make life-saving swimming pool rescues in South Yorkshire
- 09:39 Feature: Conquering hills with ‘The Beast’
- 09:39 Squirrel keeps coming back to visit the family who saved her eight...
- 09:37 Fantasy Football Tips: Your best captain options considered for...
- 09:37 Two men charged after death of Barrow man Andrew Hackett
- 09:37 Apprentice viewers left stunned after Lord Sugar fires potential...
- 09:37 New shop makes its presence felt in town
- 09:36 Benefits payments changes over Christmas: here are the new dates
- 09:36 New board to make life-saving swimming pool rescues in South Yorkshire
- 09:35 Fabinho admits he is set to leave Monaco next summer after...
- 09:35 New board to make life-saving swimming pool rescues in South Yorkshire
- 09:34 Being paid to put studies to bed
- 09:34 Martin Lewis takes swipe at Piers Morgan on Good Morning Britain in...