Mum's fury as health insurance wont recognise her breast cancer as critical illness
ISABELLA McNeill was devastated to be diagnosed with breast cancer at just 43.
She’d had the foresight to pay into a life and critical illness policy, which would at least provide for her financially.
But she called me in when Aviva insisted she was not covered under the terms, despite her
facing surgery and a mastectomy.
Isabella, who has a five-year-old daughter, Robyn, said: “I am still in shock. You take out a policy like this hoping you will never need it.
“Then when you do, it lets you down. What else is breast cancer if it’s not a critical illness?”
Isabella, an addiction worker,... read more
- 09:11 Body found in search for missing Doncaster man
- 09:10 St Mary’s Church hosting children’s workshop during Warwick Festival
- 09:10 Why is the bee a symbol of Manchester?
- 09:10 Departing Kenilworth mayor presents cheques to charities
- 09:09 Harry Kane confirmed as England’s captain for the World Cup
- 09:08 Tesco to remove 'confusing' best-before labels from fruit and...
- 09:07 Princess Beatrice looks surprised among floral-printed bouncers
- 09:07 Peaky Blinders writer reveals the Birmingham City star he'd most...
- 09:07 Where you’re from will determine what university course you’re...
- 09:07 Tollbar CEO: ‘East Lindsey should congratulate us for investing in...
- 09:07 Liverpool news: Daniel Sturridge responds to reported fall out with...
- 09:07 Shares jump on report China could scrap birth limits
- 09:05 Louth CC: First XI beaten at Woodhall Spa
- 09:04 Police hunt driver after 'hit-and-run' in Preston
- 09:04 Government wants to open mystery fund set up in 1928 to help tackle...
- 09:04 WATCH: Rio Ferdinand says England have 'no chance' of winning the...
- 09:04 Ducks filmed waiting at traffic lights for man to turn green
- 09:03 FTSE LIVE: Shares push on to another record high as positive Spring...
- 09:02 'Devastated' fans reaction over Car Share finale shocked Peter Kay
- 09:00 Rail passengers hit out at Northern after more than 50 refused...
- 08:59 This is why Tesco is scrapping best before dates on fresh food
- 08:59 Tesco to remove 'confusing' best-before labels from fruit and...
- 08:59 Ariana Grande shares heartfelt message one year on from Manchester...
- 08:59 Drug addicts in Scotland 'waiting up to six months' for treatment
- 08:59 Malaria genetics: study shows how disease became deadly
- 08:57 Zlatan Ibrahimovic gets sent off for SLAPPING ex-QPR star in MLS clash
- 08:57 Woman who fought off cancer calls on fellow ladies to enter...
- 08:55 Rangers find 109,217 snares in a single park in Cambodia
- 08:53 Liverpool legend John Barnes explains how Jurgen Klopp could...
- 08:52 Departing Kenilworth mayor presents cheques to charities