Mum’s anger at dentist after son died on 21st birthday
The mother of a man who died on his 21st birthday has hit out at the dentist she claims failed her son after he was diagnosed with mouth cancer.
Sara Smith, of Corby Glen, says her son, Sam, could have been given a better chance of life with an earlier diagnosis.
It was discovered Sam had mouth cancer in 2013, several months after he first complained about severe pain at the back of his mouth.
On a visit to Anthony Smith, who was then based in Avenue Road but now runs his practice in Dysart Road, Sam was given an X-ray and told he had an impacted wisdom tooth. He was given the antibiotic... read more
- 11:40 Man Utd Transfer News: Matic dig at Chelsea, Shaw contract claim,...
- 11:39 Jacques Cousteau's relationship with son revisited in new film
- 11:39 Stoke City transfer news and rumours LIVE! Mark Hughes issues...
- 11:36 What can I do this weekend in Cumbria?
- 11:36 Celtic star Stuart Armstrong pens new contract with Hoops until...
- 11:36 New venue for Lakeland Country Fair
- 11:36 Manchester United arrive for training as Chris Smalling takes swipe...
- 11:36 Father-of-two is first identified victim of Barcelona terror attack
- 11:36 South Cumbria child sex offender sentenced
- 11:36 Nemanja Matic believes Manchester United are a bigger club than...
- 11:34 'Times Square is well-protected' NEW YORK steps up security after...
- 11:34 US warning to North Korea over Japan threat - 'An attack on one is...
- 11:34 Samurai sword attack at Taiwan's presidential palace
- 11:33 FC Stratford sign prolific striker Parker from Stratford Town
- 11:33 "Sick taunts, attacks, making my life hell"
- 11:31 Restoration at church brings tears of joy
- 11:31 Teacher Kerry is a superhero double
- 11:31 The touching way this coffee shop paid tribute to 'special'...
- 11:31 Mark Lawrenson’s Premier League predictions: Who will win at the...
- 11:30 It’s not okay for men to move you out of the way by putting their...
- 11:28 Our A Level results have got better again - despite attempts to...
- 11:28 Man dies after crash closes A16 for several hours
- 11:28 Independent inquiry announced into Hope and Glory Festival
- 11:28 Liverpool India Buildings arcade stall holders plan public sit-in
- 11:28 Teen jailed for nine years for killing promising young footballer...
- 11:28 Watch: Police release images of wanted men after football violence
- 11:28 Man stole almost £20,000 from employer's petty cash
- 11:26 More delays for second consultation
- 11:26 Tributes paid to community stalwart
- 11:26 Stars pitch up to help victims of sex abuse