Mum distraught after Mattel Play! staff 'turn away' Down's Syndrome son
A “distraught” mum claims her Down’s Syndrome son was turned away from a Liverpool play centre after staff said it was “unsuitable for children like him”.
Simone Blount, from Warrington, took her four-year-old son Stephen to the Mattel Play! centre - a new children’s theme park based in the Albert Dock - but claims their day out was ruined after being turned away by a member of staff at the ticket office.
The mum-of-four says that after queuing for over 20 minutes, a female member of staff working at the park leaned over her desk to look at Stephen, who uses a wheelchair, before saying the... read more
- 12:10 Loro Piana: A rare kind of luxury
- 12:10 Man receives postcard in the mail 40 years after it was sent
- 12:10 The dawn of DHELA
- 12:10 Aerial images show moment Khalid Masood was shot after London...
- 12:08 Chelsea target offers huge transfer update: He wants to play in the...
- 12:08 £10,000 reward to help find stolen jewellery from Burton Green
- 12:08 Trump administration approves Keystone XL pipeline
- 12:08 Swifts to fly high with council help
- 12:08 Meet Lois’s new running partner that has helped her train for a...
- 12:08 Sunderland legend Kevin Phillips unveiled as first star ambassador...
- 12:08 Coronation Street Insider: Sinead suffers heartbreaking miscarriage
- 12:08 Driver who sped through Antwerp shoppers faces terrorism charges
- 12:07 Deadline for voter registration is near for Deepings and Bourne
- 12:07 Bourne woman seriously injured in A15 crash
- 12:06 Europe's financial lifeline from London in doubt
- 12:06 Police search London terrorist attacker’s mum’s house
- 12:06 MPs may face new rules on second jobs
- 12:06 Fishergate bollard sent flying AGAIN
- 12:06 Man impaled through chest in horrific car crash
- 12:06 Falcon wing inspires jets of the future
- 12:06 Profits increase at livestock group
- 12:05 'What you need at that time is what you’re worth': the daily battle...
- 12:05 'One man's acts of violence have no place within any of the faiths'...
- 12:05 Appeal: Police issue image of suspected Harrogate burglar
- 12:04 This single mum is travelling the world with her nine-year-old...
- 12:04 Calling all foodies: Here are 9 mouth-watering UK food festivals...
- 12:04 Strategy launched for thriving games and digital industry in and...
- 12:03 Meet business veteran who's now passing on knowledge to start-ups
- 12:03 Education trust’s full response to critical report by Ofsted...
- 12:03 Drop in number of people using mobiles while driving