Mum dies in New Jersey rail crash which injured 108 after train smashed through station barrier
A WOMAN killed when a commuter train crashed at a New Jersey station where she had been waiting had recently moved to the United States from Brazil with her family.
Fabiola Bittar de Kroon was standing in a waiting area at the Hoboken station when the train crashed through a barrier on Thursday. She was killed by falling debris.
More than 100 people were injured in the crash including the engineer at the controls, Thomas Gallagher, who was admitted to hospital briefly.
He was seen slumped over the controls after the incident, and is co-operating with the authorities.
Ms de Kroon was 34, and... read more
- 12:21 Former Manchester United striker Javier Hernandez drops another...
- 12:20 Livingston FC fan blog: It's been a successful few days for the...
- 12:20 Skai Jackson hits the red carpet after her viral meme took the...
- 12:20 Celtic star Scott Brown is the reason I'm now Norway skipper, says...
- 12:20 Rangers interview Peter Lovenkrands for coaching role under Pedro...
- 12:20 Russian man pleads guilty over $500m malware scam
- 12:20 Cuts will see schools fall in league tables
- 12:20 Trojans get reality check in home loss to Saddleworth
- 12:20 Sharks push title favourites all the way in narrow defeat
- 12:20 More support for victims of domestic abuse in Derbyshire
- 12:19 More support for victims of domestic abuse in Derbyshire
- 12:19 Sinister online bullying craze sweeps UK classrooms - everything...
- 12:19 Everton FC linked with striking reinforcements
- 12:19 Sir Alex Ferguson says modern day players not prepared to be managers
- 12:19 Police appeal after man attacked in car near Nont Sarah's pub
- 12:18 The clocks are set to change - and this is how to get your kids to...
- 12:18 Flight laptop ban: How it affects passengers and all you need to know
- 12:18 London terrorist attack: Look inside the Birmingham flat raided by...
- 12:18 Work to improve two Kenilworth parks set to start soon
- 12:18 Fire under Warwick canal bridge
- 12:17 Stage is set for Burgham International Trials
- 12:17 Senior officers consider more armed police patrols on...
- 12:17 Northumberland girls to the fore in National Championships
- 12:17 London attack: Reaction from North-East politicians
- 12:16 Delays in Garstang following crash
- 12:15 Men's fashion business Eighty Eight Store looking to open new...
- 12:15 New tax rules set to hit thousands of public sector contract...
- 12:14 Valerie Surgenor: The impact of privacy rule changes
- 12:14 Jobs lost as Carlisle city shop set to close
- 12:14 Police investigate after driver accused of indecent exposure to...