Mum died after tragic crash when daughter blacked out at the wheel
A daughter suffered the torment of causing the death of her mother in a horrific car crash after she blacked out on a roundabout.
Alison McKenna's pregnant niece was also seriously injured in the accident which may have been caused by poor blood pressure causing her to blackout.
Miss McKenna, 54, of Humber Street, Cleethorpes, was taken to court after the accident and charged with causing the death of her mother Rose McKenna and injury of her niece Leanne Hallibone, by dangerous driving.
She had denied the charges and a jury at Grimsby Crown Court has cleared her.
The court heard that the... read more
- 07:22 Ronaldo to Man Utd: Real Madrid star will not handle Premier League...
- 07:23 CCTV APPEAL: Theft from Leyland warehouse
- 07:22 Second man charged with conspiracy to murder over death in Moira...
- 07:22 Manchester City v Newcastle Utd: DeAndre Yedlin confident for...
- 07:22 LIVE: breaking news, traffic, travel and weather in Lincolnshire...
- 07:22 The Dean’s Reflection column with John Dobson
- 07:12 Chorley boss Matt Jansen backs Nick Haughton for Football League...
- 07:12 Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan and Malcom NOT ENOUGH for Arsenal - Lawrenson
- 07:11 Guest column: Public spaces are a jewel in Worksop’s crown
- 07:10 Woman charged over knifepoint robberies in Sheffield
- 07:10 Crimean memorial
- 07:10 Lib Dems and scandal of our empty homes
- 07:09 Appeal for help in raising £1.5million for Warwick church tower...
- 07:07 This is how to get rid of bad breath
- 07:07 Guest column: Public spaces are a jewel in Worksop’s crown
- 07:04 Man Utd end interest in Brazil star to hand Tottenham huge transfer...
- 07:03 Sturgeon says councils could get power to police Airbnb
- 07:03 Mother charges five-year-old daughter rent ‘to teach her about the...
- 07:00 Bamber Bridge have the stomach for promotion battle
- 06:56 Sunderland school celebrates Ofsted success
- 06:56 Businessman gets drink-driving ban after crashing after leaving...
- 06:56 Group campaigning about future of NHS launched in Sunderland
- 06:56 Sunderland hospital takes in 50 flu patients in a week
- 06:56 Sunderland fitness guru’s guide to getting fit for 2018
- 06:55 Alexis Sanchez to Man Utd: Jose Mourinho and Ed Woodward agree...
- 06:54 Crews sought for Antarctica voyage
- 06:54 Alnwick’s one of easiest places to pass driving test
- 06:54 WARNING GRAPHIC IMAGES: Jail for Preston dog owner who starved his...
- 06:54 Eyesore shelter daubed with graffiti and is a ‘drug den’
- 06:54 Guest column: New owner is great news for the Tigers