Mum and two children 'saved by their smoke alarm' after Thornaby house fire

Mum and two children 'saved by their smoke alarm' after Thornaby house fire
 

A mother who escaped a house fire with her two children were “saved by their smoke alarm”.
The fire broke out at 9.20pm on Marykirk Road, Thornaby .
Two appliances were called to a fire that started in the kitchen.
The kitchen of the house sustained 60% smoke and heat damage.
The fire originated in the washing machine.
No injuries were reported, and a woman escaped with her two children after her smoke alarm sounded.
The watch manager at Thornaby Fire Station said: “The fire involved the washing machine. The smoke alarms alerted them and definitely saved them.
“A woman got herself and her... read more

 
19 October 2016 in Regional North East, Views: 30
Source: Gazette Live
Share:
  •  





    News Widget for Webmasters



    Bring Eugene's son back home immediately

    Realtime News

     

    «
    »
    Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
          1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31