Multiple sclerosis in women is not prevented by doing exercise, says new research
The major study involving more than 190,000 women found no evidence that physical exercise may reduce a woman's risk of developing the debilitating condition.
Study author Doctor Kassandra Munger, of the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health in the United States, said: “We wanted to find out if exercise lowered the risk of developing MS in women.
“Our study did not provide evidence to support it.“
The researchers evaluated data on more than 193,000 women who participated in the Nurses' Health Study and Nurses' Health Study II and were followed for up to 20 years.
The women completed... read more
- 08:24 Time to Bring on the Bride - could you star in new TV show?
- 08:24 Shropshire Council leader defends councillors' £11,500 alllowances
- 08:24 The morning news headlines: Door won't shut on EU migrant workers -...
- 08:24 Red light cameras for Telford's problem Trench Lock interchange
- 08:24 Obese men last 1 minute and 30 seconds longer in bed – here’s why
- 08:24 80mph winds expected to hit Britain as Storm Doris arrives
- 08:24 Shropshire's most deadly roads: Map highlights county's crash hotspots
- 08:23 EastEnders viewers OUTRAGED as they spot major Queen Vic collapse...
- 08:23 Jo Cox’s heartbroken husband admits anguish of MP’s death ‘still...
- 08:23 The morning news headlines: Door won't shut on EU migrant workers -...
- 08:23 Radical plans for healthcare overhaul to plug £400m black hole
- 08:23 Fallout over conference's 'all-male panel'
- 08:23 Models Own makes Leeds its flagship
- 08:22 Transfer News: Chelsea swap, battle for Arsenal ace, Man United...
- 08:22 Former Manchester United defender Paul Parker criticises treatment...
- 08:22 Tottenham ready to move for star playmaker this summer… But there’s...
- 08:22 Ulverston teen locked up for attacking his mum in front of a child
- 08:20 Tomorrow's cities - nightmare vision of the future?
- 08:20 Arsenal’s Hector Bellerin eyed again for Barcelona transfer
- 08:20 Stratford Masters impress in tough Worcester event
- 08:20 Humberside Police chief constable announces retirement
- 08:20 Green light given to plans for iconic Mytholmroyd store
- 08:19 How my doctors made me doubt my invisible illness
- 08:19 Road sealed off in Oldbury after man injured outside newsagents
- 08:19 The morning news headlines: Door won't shut on EU migrant workers -...
- 08:19 Cash grants of up to £25,000 up for grabs to help tackle mental...
- 08:18 Ross Taylor sends New Zealand records tumbling as unbeaten 102...
- 08:18 Leicester City must forget about title triumph, says Jamie Vardy:...
- 08:18 Fabio Cannavaro admits Tianjin Quanjian approach for Manchester...
- 08:18 Antoine Griezmann wants to 'carry on making history' at Atletico...