Multiple sclerosis in women is not prevented by doing exercise, says new research
The major study involving more than 190,000 women found no evidence that physical exercise may reduce a woman's risk of developing the debilitating condition.
Study author Doctor Kassandra Munger, of the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health in the United States, said: “We wanted to find out if exercise lowered the risk of developing MS in women.
“Our study did not provide evidence to support it.“
The researchers evaluated data on more than 193,000 women who participated in the Nurses' Health Study and Nurses' Health Study II and were followed for up to 20 years.
The women completed... read more
- 18:06 Pesky pigeon blocks time lapse camera filming Hull city centre works
- 18:06 Car ends up on roof after crashing into ditch near Goole
- 18:03 U.S. House adopts massive defence bill, sees changes under Trump
- 18:02 Sympathy for Ohio campus attacker's 'pain' triggers fury
- 18:00 Benefits of daily asprin outweigh risks
- 17:58 LIVE traffic and travel as rush hour traffic causes gridlock
- 17:57 Holloway issues rallying cry to players and supporters
- 17:56 Syrian rebels and families leave another town near Damascus
- 17:55 Lancaster MP Cat Smith backs Small Business Saturday
- 17:54 Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe: This Liverpool player was destined to...
- 17:53 Theo Walcott in, Sergio Aguero out: The changes to make to your...
- 17:53 Train fares to go up by 2.3% - here's how Leicestershire commuters...
- 17:53 West Midlands rail services delayed after person hit by train
- 17:53 Britain braces for freezing conditions as winter bites
- 17:53 Exclusive - Trump financier Ladder Capital explores sale: sources
- 17:53 Power of psychedelic drugs to lift mental distress shown in trials
- 17:50 Wolfsburg open to selling Julian Draxler in January transfer window
- 17:49 Burton Albion daily digest: what are Brewers loanees up to, FA Cup...
- 17:49 Congress calls for a war games 'flyoff' between 40 year old A-10...
- 17:49 DON'T make fun weekend plans: Researchers say too much planning...
- 17:49 Green light is given to the 2020 Mars ExoMars mission - but will...
- 17:46 Newark man guilty in shocking plot to set woman's house on fire
- 17:45 Kate Bush album fails to topple Little Mix
- 17:45 Liverpool have sent scouts to watch striker: He could make history...
- 17:43 European shares snap 3-week winning streak on Italian jitters
- 17:42 EFL Q&A: James Coppinger on his 11 minutes of Premier League fame,...
- 17:42 Santi Cazorla insists he will be back sooner than expected after...
- 17:41 A first look at the new £170m jail planned to replace Glen Parva's...
- 17:41 Five drivers who could replace F1 world champion Nico Rosberg at...
- 17:41 Dalton mayor set to host Christmas bonanza inside festively...