Multiple sclerosis in women is not prevented by doing exercise, says new research
The major study involving more than 190,000 women found no evidence that physical exercise may reduce a woman's risk of developing the debilitating condition.
Study author Doctor Kassandra Munger, of the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health in the United States, said: “We wanted to find out if exercise lowered the risk of developing MS in women.
“Our study did not provide evidence to support it.“
The researchers evaluated data on more than 193,000 women who participated in the Nurses' Health Study and Nurses' Health Study II and were followed for up to 20 years.
The women completed... read more
- 17:29 'The going rate' - Leicester hospital boss defends £490k pay packet
- 17:29 Influential star set for exit: Middlesbrough deal could kick-start...
- 17:28 First look around Beeston micropub and bottle shop Totally Tapped
- 17:28 FTSE ends historic rally, dragged down by banks' 'hard Brexit' worries
- 17:28 Indian tailor confesses to sexually assaulting 'hundreds' of...
- 17:25 Chesterfield Hotel ‘should be used to help town’s homeless’
- 17:24 Nintendo Switch: How much is it? When will it be released?...
- 17:24 Site of popular Indian restaurant in Lincoln put up for sale
- 17:24 'Incredible' neighbours rush to help injured biker after Lincoln crash
- 17:24 Four people injured as serious lorry crash closes A17
- 17:24 Darts ace Dave Chisnall gets married after wedding ring blip
- 17:24 Could Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard be tempted to take over as...
- 17:24 Rush hour delays after crash on M621 motorway in Leeds
- 17:24 REVEALED: Which workers are most likely to drink or drug-drive
- 17:23 Dimitri Payet transfer: West Ham reject second bid from Marseille...
- 17:23 Liverpool line-up predicted: Will Philippe Coutinho start against...
- 17:23 Teenage girl's body discovered on pathway in South Yorkshire
- 17:23 Is North Korea the CANNABIS CAPITAL? Hermit state border hit with...
- 17:23 Biker yobs hunted for spate of vandalism in Sheffield
- 17:23 Council insists new children's centre service 'will cover whole of...
- 17:22 Young woman may have died abroad from drunken fall, inquest told
- 17:22 The main men: Stats confirm who every team’s best player is right now
- 17:22 Transfer News: Man United told to sell star, Arsenal agreement,...
- 17:21 Rush hour delays after crash on M621 motorway in Leeds
- 17:21 Safety first! Father and son passengers amazed to see stewards...
- 17:21 Nine things you might have missed in North Wales: January 16, 2017
- 17:21 Indian airline creates 'women only' section on planes to prevent...
- 17:21 Gwynedd man guilty of harassment locked up after outburst over...
- 17:21 New homes come with £2.4 million investment pledge by housing...
- 17:20 Berry Brow pensioner jailed for abusing two four-year-old girls