Mugabe: Zimbabwe to soften controversial foreign company law
Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe has announced plans to water down a contentious law obliging foreign companies to hand over most of their shares to black Zimbabweans.
The "indigenisation law" has been blamed for choking off investment.
It has never been fully implemented and Mr Mugabe has previously said many sectors of the economy are exempt.
But it has been widely criticised, including by the IMF, for contributing to the collapse of the economy.
Zimbabwe shutdown: What is behind the protests?
Zimbabwe's pastor 'hero': #ThisFlag preacher
In March, Zimbabwe threatened to close... read more
- 12:53 Warwick man’s plea for more organ donors as he heads to World...
- 12:52 Liverpool reject £11m bid from Napoli for full-back Alberto Moreno
- 12:52 Lewis Hamilton and Co touch down in Baku ahead of Azerbaijan Grand...
- 12:52 Manchester United youngster Adnan Januzaj on verge of Real Sociedad...
- 12:52 Newcastle goalkeeper Matz Sels completes loan switch to Anderlecht
- 12:52 Police in Chorley issue warning to youths
- 12:52 Hope mural in Lillington has been dedicated to Grenfell Tower...
- 12:52 Leroy Sane's chat with Man City fan that might just help him become...
- 12:52 Manchester United player Andreas Pereira could get new role under...
- 12:51 YVETTE COOPER: Community spirit shows extremism won’t win
- 12:51 Cage Warriors 85: Leah McCourt out to prove she is destined for...
- 12:50 Happy birthday Elland! Events to celebrate 700 years
- 12:50 Father and son’s coast to coast cycle challenge in memory of young...
- 12:50 Photo gallery: Ladies Day at Royal Ascot
- 12:50 Special delivery sees Michael make trip from Halifax to London
- 12:50 Live music fundraiser for Puzzle Hall Inn
- 12:49 Facebook to keep wraps on political ads data despite researchers'...
- 12:49 Abused children find Japan’s shelters provide little comfort
- 12:49 Israeli court stands up for woman in airline gender seat swap case
- 12:48 Appeal for teen missing from Preston
- 12:48 Exclusive - London Metal Exchange to cut fees, see if volumes can...
- 12:46 WATCH Cast of hit musical comedy Avenue Q calls into the Burton...
- 12:46 Handgun found in hedges next to Dewsbury primary school
- 12:46 Donald Trump and new Saudi heir in Iranian confrontation plan
- 12:46 ‘Total bedlam’ - visitors slammed for blighting Gaddings Dam beauty...
- 12:46 Cringeworthy moment Juncker links arms with Italian PM in show of...
- 12:46 China raises heat over foreign investment
- 12:45 THE WEEKEND STARTS HERE: 10 awesome things to do in Derbyshire
- 12:45 Have your say on the state of Derbyshire’s roads
- 12:45 Latest court reports from Kirklees Magistrates