Mugabe: Zimbabwe to soften controversial foreign company law
Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe has announced plans to water down a contentious law obliging foreign companies to hand over most of their shares to black Zimbabweans.
The "indigenisation law" has been blamed for choking off investment.
It has never been fully implemented and Mr Mugabe has previously said many sectors of the economy are exempt.
But it has been widely criticised, including by the IMF, for contributing to the collapse of the economy.
Zimbabwe shutdown: What is behind the protests?
Zimbabwe's pastor 'hero': #ThisFlag preacher
In March, Zimbabwe threatened to close... read more
- 09:53 Two lanes closed on M1
- 09:53 Proudfoot’s premier day
- 09:53 UPDATE: More disruption to trains between Barrow and Carlisle
- 09:53 Storm Brian brings blustery weather already this morning (21)
- 09:53 Two men stabbed in Harrogate - police linking attacks
- 09:53 Arsonists set fire to van near Lancaster
- 09:52 Evil rapist forced schoolgirl into bushes by threatening her with...
- 09:50 Man Utd stars and former captain Wayne Rooney arrive at hotel ahead...
- 09:49 'Doctors call it bull**** disease - but I can't get out of bed'
- 09:49 Two men stabbed in Harrogate - police linking attacks
- 09:48 Two lanes closed on M1
- 09:48 Lorry crash closes lanes on M1
- 09:46 England goalkeeper Joe Hart robbed of phone and wallet by moped gang
- 09:46 Yates pub chain agency ‘used good-looking only policy when hiring...
- 09:45 Birmingham Airport charges third highest parking fee for collecting...
- 09:45 This is exactly how Storm Brian will affect Birmingham after yellow...
- 09:44 Former soldier Colin fights a new battle for the charity that saved...
- 09:44 Two men stabbed in Harrogate - police linking attacks
- 09:40 Down Memory Lane - 1990 in pictures
- 09:40 Pet lovers celebrate as Melton is named the UK’s most dog-friendly...
- 09:39 'Anyone would think Wolves had won the Premier League' - Steve...
- 09:38 Case brought by Lloyds shareholders is ‘fundamentally flawed’
- 09:38 Stranger Things star Finn Wolfhard fires agent after former client...
- 09:38 Sowerby Bridge's Dama Cheese shines light on UK start-ups
- 09:38 Aldi to release chocolate wine for Christmas
- 09:38 Joel Campbell keen to leave Arsenal by making Real Betis...
- 09:37 Aldi to release chocolate wine for Christmas
- 09:37 BREAKING NEWS: Derbyshire road closed by 'police incident'
- 09:35 Arsenal news: Mesut Ozil hates Manchester United links - he wants...
- 09:35 Warwickshire Police Detective Sergeant receives Queen’s Police Medal