MSPs back calls for immigration to be devolved to Holyrood
MSPs have backed calls for a differentiated and flexible immigration system for Scotland.
• READ MORE: SNP rejects “bullying” claims over axed tax report
Scottish ministers have pressed for control over the policy area to be devolved to Holyrood in order to meet the country’s unique demographic challenges.
They are concerned that Brexit, and the end of freedom of movement of EU workers, will have a detrimental impact on the economy.
Official data shows a growing and ageing Scottish population over the next 25 years, with the number of pensioners increasing by 25% and the number of working... read more
- 16:19 Three supermarkets cut fuel prices again as wholesale costs drop
- 16:18 8 dream jobs currently up for grabs in Yorkshire
- 16:18 Big musical for Arts Group
- 16:18 Anthony Clavane: The best dystopian drama holds up a mirror to society
- 16:17 Property: Willowdale Close, Bridlington, £214,950
- 16:16 8 dream jobs currently up for grabs in Yorkshire
- 16:16 Edward Hands and Lewis in Leicester sells off its EHL Commercial...
- 16:16 Three supermarkets cut fuel prices again as wholesale costs drop
- 16:15 8 dream jobs currently up for grabs in Yorkshire
- 16:15 Inspectors say Wellingborough care home is good
- 16:13 Banbury’s Original boys in Blue are back
- 16:13 Measles cases DOUBLE across Warwickshire - how to protect your child
- 16:13 6 dream jobs up for grabs in Sheffield
- 16:13 Readers react to rising tensions between Uber and black cab drivers
- 16:11 Three supermarkets cut fuel prices again as wholesale costs drop
- 16:10 Saltley fire: What we know so far
- 16:08 ‘Mega brothel’ to be built in Belgium to save listed building
- 16:07 This is what the law says about driving in flip flops or bare footed
- 16:06 Public asked for views on proposed second A413 cycleway which would...
- 16:06 Harley Davidson leads cavalcade of motorbikes on Pendle biker's...
- 16:06 Alton Towers glamping 'accommodation pod' plans dubbed 'dull and...
- 16:04 Yorkshire is set for the hottest June on record since 1976
- 16:03 What does it take to relocate a 195kg tiger in India?
- 16:02 This is what Birmingham airport is doing to stop queue-jumpers
- 16:02 Fire in Birmingham: Live updates as thick smoke seen billowing over...
- 16:02 Harley Davidson leads cavalcade of motorbikes on Pendle biker's...
- 16:01 Residents' anger at plans to build new homes in Salterforth
- 16:00 Humberside Fire update as firefighters called to huge house blaze...
- 15:59 Harrowing stoppage as Muay Thai fighter knocked out but his eyes...
- 15:58 Magid Magid, Sheffield’s lord mayor: ‘I’ve had a lot of stick, but...