MRSA superbug found in British pork sold in Asda and Sainsburys
British pork contaminated with a strain of the deadly superbug MRSA has been sold in Asda and Sainsbury's supermarkets, it has been revealed today.
Tests on a sample of 97 British-farmed pork products from UK supermarkets showed that three products – sold in Asda and Sainsbury's – were infected with the superbug, reported The Guardian.
Two samples of minced pork from Asda and one from Sainsbury's were found to contain the MRSA CC398 strain.
It is a strain of livestock-associated MRSA, which is different and less harmful than the MRSA bug which kills hundreds of people in UK hospitals every... read more
- 15:08 Coronation Street Steve McDonald star Simon Gregson is delighted to...
- 15:07 Ben Davies set to return for Tottenham’s clash with Liverpool
- 15:07 Is Storm Brian forecast to hit Coventry? What you need to know
- 15:07 Investigation finds water problems in Bolsover ‘caused by a digger’
- 15:06 Samsung Galaxy S9 release date, likely price and features
- 15:06 'She will be sorely missed' Family pay tribute to woman found dead...
- 15:06 Man was found in a disabled toilet with under age girl
- 15:06 Coronation Street star slams Lidl over 'sexist' children's pyjamas
- 15:05 Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet
- 15:05 MP Clive Lewis sorry for 'unacceptable language' after video
- 15:05 Man was found in a disabled toilet with under age girl
- 15:05 Cumbrian auctioneer given lifetime achievement award
- 15:04 Weekend fixtures
- 15:01 REVEALED: The EU's £450TRILLION derivative market
- 15:01 Grimsby man jailed for stealing high-powered cars in series of...
- 15:01 Snowball effect...Pet guinea pig helps land school a ‘good’ report
- 14:59 Take part in survey on deafness and hearing loss
- 14:58 TV presenter takes to the battlefield
- 14:58 Chester council leader backs new cafe in bus interchange
- 14:58 From WiFi to a kitchen - Burnley FC's team coach helping the...
- 14:57 PlayStation Plus November 2017 update: Here's when free PS4 games...
- 14:56 Flybe plane forced to return to Birmingham after mid-air alert
- 14:55 PICTURES: Special sister act sees New Mills ‘nuns’ on the run -...
- 14:54 Jenna Jameson ‘has a problem’ with transgender models in Playboy –...
- 14:54 Edinburgh Tattoo to stage cinema screenings for the first time
- 14:53 Armed police rush to reports of a gunshot in Derby - but it was...
- 14:51 Female Labour MPs launch campaign asking members to share...
- 14:51 Antonio Conte hopeful N’Golo Kante will be back in time to face...
- 14:51 Southampton vs West Brom TV channel, kick-off time, date, odds and...
- 14:51 Warwickshire’s Radway Riding School pipped at post to top rural...