MRSA superbug found in British pork sold in Asda and Sainsburys
British pork contaminated with a strain of the deadly superbug MRSA has been sold in Asda and Sainsbury's supermarkets, it has been revealed today.
Tests on a sample of 97 British-farmed pork products from UK supermarkets showed that three products – sold in Asda and Sainsbury's – were infected with the superbug, reported The Guardian.
Two samples of minced pork from Asda and one from Sainsbury's were found to contain the MRSA CC398 strain.
It is a strain of livestock-associated MRSA, which is different and less harmful than the MRSA bug which kills hundreds of people in UK hospitals every... read more
- 10:10 Would you raffle your home for £2 a ticket? Owner of country pile...
- 10:10 £5,000 reward to reunite Normandy veteran with medals lost on M6
- 10:09 RISE AND SHINE: Latest weather, travel and news updates
- 10:09 Why Newcastle United striker Adam Armstrong will not be heading to...
- 10:09 Wimbledon: The 10 greatest tantrums in the tennis game’s history
- 10:09 Mail reporter Beth Pridding went to give blood for the first time...
- 10:08 Starbucks customer says coffee made him ‘poop’ 11 times
- 10:08 What you need to know for this weekend's Forest Live concerts at...
- 10:07 Stand up for the ‘Big Comedy Weekend!’
- 10:07 Man arrested for aggressive behaviour on busy Sheffield street
- 10:07 Pair jailed for a combined 44 years over Cramlington murder
- 10:07 Big Brother 2017: Chanelle and Isabelle rub BARE BREASTS on other...
- 10:07 Bargain Hunt coming to British Motor Museum in Gaydon
- 10:07 Elderly couple threatened by masked raiders in Dronfield
- 10:06 Chelsea defender Kurt Zouma becomes transfer target for Crystal Palace
- 10:06 Crumbling Italian banks could 'have led to COLLAPSE of Italy' – and...
- 10:06 'Pushing the EU apart!' Angela Merkel attacked by her own coalition...
- 10:06 RISE AND SHINE: Latest weather, travel and news updates
- 10:06 Two missing Notts teenagers found safe and well
- 10:05 Three motorcross bikes stolen from garage in Barrow
- 10:05 Belhaven owner Greene King cheers rise in profits
- 10:05 Councillors urge Leicester mayor to use unspent cash to help city's...
- 10:05 Princess Cruises set to expand its Ocean Medallion Class fleet
- 10:04 Two missing Notts teenagers found safe and well
- 10:04 Rock for BARK
- 10:04 Aspirin dose can 'slash the risk of potentially fatal condition...
- 10:04 Mountain rescue team help man missing in rural spot
- 10:03 RISE AND SHINE: Latest weather, travel and news updates
- 10:03 NHS comments after Derbyshire doctor takes her own life
- 10:02 Exclusive: Louth area victim of brutal attack is at ‘breaking...