MPs' probe into BHS collapse contained 'serious errors', says Sir Philip Green
Sir Philip Green has hit back at a parliamentary inquiry criticising his role in the collapse of BHS, calling an MPs' report on the retailer's demise "bizarre" and "unsupportable".
A review carried out by the tycoon's lawyers, Lord Pannick QC and Michael Todd QC, ripped into the report's findings, which hold Sir Philip responsible for leaving BHS with a £571 million pension deficit, taking around £400 million in dividends from the firm and for selling the business to serial bankrupt Dominic Chappell for £1.
It read: "These dividends were lawful and were paid at a... read more
- 15:09 Revealed: The number of complaints received by each Yorkshire train...
- 15:09 In pictures: Snow decorates scenes across Harrogate district
- 15:09 Scarlet fever: Number of cases hit 40, with Barrow among places hit
- 15:09 Images of Yesteryear
- 15:09 New timetable of healthy walks launched for Northumberland
- 15:09 Riddle over sudden demise of Wigan pub
- 15:08 Merkel's grand coalition could be over in TWO YEARS - even if it's...
- 15:08 German wage STAGNATION: EU immigration to blame for low level, top...
- 15:08 Smuggling gang SMASHED after years of bringing Iraq migrants to UK...
- 15:08 Gaz Beadle announces names baby boy Chester Raymond Beadle McVey...
- 15:07 Revealed: The number of complaints received by each Yorkshire train...
- 15:07 Derby County midfielder George Thorne expresses delight at signing...
- 15:06 South Kesteven councillor calls for abolition of county council
- 15:06 Grants to help Wyre youngsters develop skills
- 15:06 Council's unanimous opposition to rural fracking bid
- 15:06 South Shields woman claimed drugs were sweets after smuggling them...
- 15:05 Pupils inspired to spring clean
- 15:05 Belmont gains top marks
- 15:05 Fell rescuers called out to assist ambulance crew near Pateley Bridge
- 15:05 Northants Police issue doorstep crime warning after high winds
- 15:05 High Tides - January 20 to January 27
- 15:04 Survey reveals concerns of hearing loss in the workplace
- 15:04 Wigan beer figures speak out against industry sexism
- 15:04 Pupils inspired to spring clean
- 15:04 SNP rejects claims of ‘Trump-like’ party political broadcast
- 15:04 Belmont gains top marks
- 15:04 In pictures: Snow decorates scenes across Harrogate district
- 15:03 Police investigating sexual assault in Carlisle
- 15:01 US shutdown: Senate bill on verge of collapse amid rancour
- 15:01 Jose Mourinho: Alexis Sanchez transfer ‘not done at all’