MPs' probe into BHS collapse contained 'serious errors', says Sir Philip Green
Sir Philip Green has hit back at a parliamentary inquiry criticising his role in the collapse of BHS, calling an MPs' report on the retailer's demise "bizarre" and "unsupportable".
A review carried out by the tycoon's lawyers, Lord Pannick QC and Michael Todd QC, ripped into the report's findings, which hold Sir Philip responsible for leaving BHS with a £571 million pension deficit, taking around £400 million in dividends from the firm and for selling the business to serial bankrupt Dominic Chappell for £1.
It read: "These dividends were lawful and were paid at a... read more
- 05:56 Factory worker was trapped between two machines, inquest told
- 05:53 Arsenal star Shkodran Mustafi breaks silence on transfer talk with...
- 05:49 Arsene Wenger RIGHT to quit Arsenal, says man who appointed Gunners...
- 05:49 Liverpool vs Roma: Why Mohamed Salah will NOT be the biggest threat...
- 05:49 Thierry Henry reveals Arsenal change under Arsene Wenger, opens up...
- 05:49 Chelsea prepare £65m summer move for Serie A star Kalidou Koulibaly
- 05:49 Pep Guardiola to make statement summer signing: Hazard, Mbappe and...
- 05:41 Sadiq Khan demands VW compensate Londoners and TfL
- 05:38 Foreign aid should be spent on preventing 1.3m road deaths...
- 05:35 Toronto van attack: Suspect quizzed after 10 pedestrians killed
- 05:31 Lakes MP calls for Northern to be stripped of franchise
- 05:28 Multi-million pound expansion plans for promotional bag firm Direct...
- 05:18 How you reacted to the Big Brexit Survey
- 05:16 'Uncontrollable grief' of Kim Jong-un over North Korea bus disaster
- 05:16 Hillary Clinton unleashed foul-mouthed tirade in Trump debate prep...
- 05:16 Syria: western nations may seek to bypass Russian veto at UN
- 05:16 Berlin museum offers glimpse of Leni Riefenstahl estate
- 05:12 Alfie's Army try to storm hospital after European Court rejects...
- 05:09 The surprising A-level language choices Coventry students are making
- 05:07 Australian boy flies solo to Bali 'after row over holiday'
- 05:07 Kim Jong-un's 'bitter sorrow' as bus crash kills Chinese tourists
- 05:05 Will Prince Harry and Meghan's children be princes and princesses?
- 05:05 Friends set up events to raise funds for terminal Leicester mum's...
- 05:01 Tory welfare reforms responsible for sending Scots to food banks
- 04:39 Jeremy Corbyn set for crunch meeting with Jewish leaders
- 04:17 UN peacekeepers accused of child rape in South Sudan
- 03:48 New dental centre is at cutting edge
- 03:33 Nintendo Labo review – build your own entertainment
- 03:21 Magic mushrooms 'reboot' brain in depressed people – study
- 03:04 Labor calls for Defence to sharpen focus on local industry and jobs