MPs call vote on whether Sir Philip Green should lose his knighthood
Next week MPs will debate whether BHS billionaire Sir Philip Green should be stripped of his knighthood.
Sir Philip, who owns a string of high street shops including Top Shop and Dorothy Perkins, was given his knighthood for ‘services to the retail industry’.
But he’s under fire for failing to save the department store British Home Stores from collapsing, putting 11,000 people’s jobs and 20,000 pensions at risk.
After making millions from BHS, Sir Philip sold it for £1 to a man with no retail experience, and shortly afterwards the store went into administration.
MPs pushing for the debate... read more
- 07:11 Make your vote count today in the Copeland by-election
- 07:09 Old library to become town arts centre
- 07:09 Entrepreneur shows you how to grow your own veg, without any soil!
- 07:08 Arrogance beggars belief
- 07:08 I liken Terry Palmer to Winston Smith
- 07:07 Man suffers bleed on the brain in attack
- 07:05 South Yorkshire dementia charity is all fired up and ready to go
- 07:04 LIVE: Storm Doris in Lancashire
- 07:04 Breast isn’t always best, so stop shaming formula mums
- 07:03 Philippines' minister says Duterte agrees with ban on mining in...
- 07:03 Le Pen increases first round lead in French election - poll
- 07:02 ‘District council failed over pool cleanliness’
- 07:01 Manchester United News: Wayne Rooney update, Midfielder transfer...
- 07:01 Kasper Schmeichel plays down heroics to keep Leicester's Champions...
- 07:01 Shadow Housing Minister’s pledge for more affordable homes in...
- 07:00 Dialog Semiconductor sees good sales growth in 2017
- 06:59 Who's in charge of Hands Off HRI - and is the money safe? Here's...
- 06:58 BREAKING: Helen Bailey murder - Ian Stewart guilty of killing...
- 06:58 Man wanted over Blackpool attacks
- 06:58 Fylde Tories doubt over county plans
- 06:58 Fast and furious waterpark slides get the thumbs up
- 06:58 Homes plan wins council approval
- 06:58 Donald Trump revokes Obama policy that affected transgender students
- 06:58 Mum’s Corrie delight after acting break
- 06:58 Police welfare a priority insist force bosses
- 06:58 Museum Trust enjoys success with open day
- 06:58 LIVE: Storm Doris in Lancashire
- 06:57 Man 'gutted' in knife attack after refusing to give cash to beggars
- 06:57 One horse hit by vehicle after ponies run loose on A19
- 06:57 Hartlepool homeowner threatened with court for paving over his...