MP wants those who exploit the NHS to be named and shamed
Businesses that exploit the NHS for profit should be named and shamed, a Tory MP has said. Andrew Bridgen, the MP for North West Leicestershire, said rogue suppliers to the NHS are taking advantage of the health service's lack of commercial expertise.
Speaking during health questions in the House of Commons, he said: "Innovative private sector suppliers have successfully partnered with the NHS since its inception and it's quite right for that relationship to be sustainable that they must make a profit.
"But do you agree with me that rogue companies who exploit the NHS's lack of... read more
- 12:51 British mothers drinking during pregnancy put us in worst five...
- 12:51 Police on shift at mental health unit
- 12:51 Tunisian police delayed arrival on scene of beach massacre, inquest...
- 12:51 This Khloé Kardashian campaign finally strips ‘empowerment’ of all...
- 12:50 Man jailed for South Ribble thefts
- 12:50 Police searching for missing Preston woman launch murder investigation
- 12:49 UFOs ‘could be plotting to invade Devon’ as yet more spaceships...
- 12:49 Claudio Ranieri put N’Golo Kante in a headlock in front of Chelsea...
- 12:49 Australian Open Day 1 Debrief: Murray, Federer & Kerber through as...
- 12:49 'It is vital that families look after their elderly at such a grim...
- 12:47 Music review: BBC SSO: The Last Supper
- 12:47 EU migrant crisis creating ‘permanent underclass’ as leaders have...
- 12:47 Music review: The Blue Aeroplanes
- 12:47 Who is new WWE UK Champion Tyler Bate?
- 12:46 Bands line up for charity fund-raiser
- 12:46 Bike wrecked in smash near Huddersfield Crematorium
- 12:45 Snapped: Man Utd outcast Memphis Depay celebrates stunning...
- 12:45 West Keal incident leaves horse rider with serious injury
- 12:45 In 2022 we’ll be able to watch an 1,800-year old star collision
- 12:45 British mothers drinking during pregnancy put us in worst five...
- 12:44 Elbow announce Forest Live summer gig at Cannock Chase
- 12:44 Fifth generation army hero backs Doncaster Free Press memorial...
- 12:44 Sunderland student Charlie has grand designs for the future
- 12:44 Birmingham City manager Gianfranco Zola likens Reece Brown's...
- 12:44 Safety advice about portable heaters during cold weather
- 12:44 Sunderland’s Bic scoops top green travel award
- 12:43 In 2022 we’ll be able to watch an 1,800-year old star collision
- 12:43 Police launch dramatic chase after burglary at salvage yard
- 12:43 Elderly woman rescued from moors after fall
- 12:43 What is the secret to the perfect winter’s day at home?