MP pledges support for pharmacies
An MP has pledged to oppose government plans to cut the budget for local pharmacies.
Marie Rimmer MP has pledged her continued support to the campaign opposing the Government’s plan to cut the budget for local chemists, after talks between the Government and the sector broke down.
Negotiations on a new package of funding for community pharmacies have ceased and the Government is set to push through a funding cut that could force thousands of chemists to close across the country.
The Government’s initial plan to cut £170 million from the community pharmacy budget – a cut of 6 per cent – was... read more
- 10:03 Dear Justine Greening, whatever happened to ‘eradicating illiteracy’?
- 10:03 South Shields FC owner hopes for new £10million ground
- 10:03 Parents warned about indecent images sent to children on apps and...
- 10:03 Malaysia says North Korean firms linked to arms trade being...
- 10:01 Profit warning and apology to customers from group behind Southern...
- 10:01 Blackpool woman’s 20 years’ in business
- 10:01 Doctors' warning: Patients dying because our hospitals are 'jam-full'
- 10:01 Ten of Glasgow’s oldest buildings
- 10:01 Anger as one in six children miss out on secondary school places
- 10:01 How many players has each Premier League team used so far this season?
- 10:01 Pundit: Antonio Conte proved his class with these four expert...
- 10:01 Manolo Gabbiadini: Liverpool want to sign Southampton star next...
- 10:01 Minecraft helped to guide shootout movie Free Fire's set
- 10:01 Talking Horses: Willie Mullins’ Cheltenham team plus Tuesday tips
- 10:01 Parents warned about indecent images sent to children on apps and...
- 10:01 Dogs sniff out illegal cigarettes and tobacco in raids across...
- 10:00 Police appeal for dashcam footage after death of 14-year-old in...
- 10:00 Apprentices get unique chance to work on BBMF
- 10:00 Dawn raids in Cheshire on drugs ring which saw county as an 'easy...
- 09:59 Delays in Burton due to reports of accident
- 09:59 Huge apprenticeship exhibition heading to Sheffield
- 09:59 Police warning after attempted burglary
- 09:59 Man attacked by would-be robbers
- 09:59 Aramco's Malaysia deal gives Saudis upper hand in fight for Asia...
- 09:58 Hugill’s hands-on approach
- 09:58 Wenger rejects multi-million pound offer?
- 09:58 Gillian’s new career takes off
- 09:58 Black Country MP Tom Watson urges Jeremy Corbyn's supporters to...
- 09:58 Worrying levels of alleged home care abuse against elderly and...
- 09:58 Holy Island car park is put on the market