MP demands more clarity on baby milk formula ingredients
Alison Thewliss said that she wants ministers to close legal loopholes to ensure babies are given food which can be guaranteed to be safe.
She is seeking to make changes to the law via her Feeding Products for Babies and Children (Advertising and Promotion) Bill, which aims to tighten the rules around advertising formula in medical journals.
Miss Thewliss said there is also a need to ensure an international code on marketing breast milk substitutes is enforced in the UK while regular scientific testing of products should occur so "people are getting what it says on the tin".... read more
- 13:39 Jim White breaks his Celtic scarf vow and fans aren't happy about it
- 13:39 Hollywood stars descend on Ellesmere Port for new movie
- 13:38 North Lincolnshire health chief set to step down
- 13:38 Cathedral organist to end concert season
- 13:38 Sparks will fly!
- 13:38 City boxer jailed over break ins at home of ex and her new partner
- 13:38 Buxton mountain rescue stalwarts honoured for long service
- 13:37 Gazza, Coutinho and Lukaku - 10 huge names Aston Villa tried to sign
- 13:37 Meet more of Liverpool's hairiest babies
- 13:37 Coleen Rooney goes on holiday number seven - 'without Wayne'
- 13:37 Woman found dead at house in Kirkby - updates
- 13:37 Meet the medic starring in new series of hit BBC TV show Junior...
- 13:36 Game of Thrones star Kit Harington proud to claim Gunpowder drama...
- 13:36 Hare coursers sighted in South Holland
- 13:35 Watch spectacular shooting stars as Earth passes through Halley's...
- 13:35 Chelsea news: Cesar Azpilicueta reveals Blues’ morale is at rock...
- 13:35 Real Madrid news: Karim Benzema’s agent issues Arsenal transfer...
- 13:34 Sheffield property that became magnet for trouble closed down
- 13:34 Could pole dancing soon become an Olympic sport?
- 13:34 Winds of 70mph predicted as Storm Brian expected to sweep in this...
- 13:33 What happens when we die? Study says we might still know what's...
- 13:33 Flying Scotsman investigation at Nene Valley Railway
- 13:33 Employment gap closes in on East Midlands
- 13:33 Norovirus sufferers 'should avoid preparing food for two days'
- 13:33 Police hunt for vehicle used in three Notts crimes
- 13:32 Heading for the heights at Kirkby on Bain school
- 13:31 West Cumbrian hotel nominated for national award
- 13:31 Cambridge Uni issues Shakespeare trigger warnings
- 13:30 Manchester United great Paul Scholes reacted hilariously to...
- 13:30 Teespring is now selling Eat Sleep Rape Repeat and other...