MP calls for law change over killers who never reveal where victims' bodies lie
Killers should be denied parole if they refuse to reveal where their victims' bodies are to stop their families being "dropped into hell", MPs will hear on Tuesday.
In the House of Commons, Labour's Conor McGinn will urge MPs to change the law to deny killers who withhold that information the chance of freedom.
His Unlawful Killing (Recovery of Remains) Bill will be brought forward under a Ten Minute Rule motion, meaning it is unlikely to proceed without Government support.
But it comes after the campaign for a "Helen's Law" reached more than 343,000 signatures on... read more
- 15:22 Liam Payne enjoys a ciggie break after vowing to quit smoking for...
- 15:22 Tulip Days wow visitors to city nursery
- 15:22 Whissendine motorcyclists shatter 50-year-old land speed records
- 15:21 London Marathon mission for IT manager from Lytham
- 15:21 Shona Robison told to quit after using Tayside health bosses as...
- 15:21 Roadworks Round-up: The works which may cause you hold-ups in the...
- 15:20 Pierre-Emile Højbjerg: ‘Bayern is the school of forming a champion’
- 15:20 Zimbabwe parliament summons Robert Mugabe over diamond theft claim
- 15:20 Two vehicle crash causes problems for Cumbria motorists
- 15:18 Time 100: Millie Bobby Brown becomes youngest to make influential...
- 15:17 Which of the new 'alphabet' 10ps will rare coin collectors be...
- 15:16 Ofcom seeks to scrap local TV roll-out
- 15:16 Discover Fashioned from Nature at the V&A
- 15:15 Arsene Wenger: Robin Van Persie sends emotional message to Arsenal...
- 15:15 Man Utd legend Sir Alex Ferguson reveals why he’s delighted at...
- 15:14 What does 420 friendly mean?
- 15:14 Top of the Shops with Tom Kerridge - A flop from top to bottom
- 15:14 Canadian chocolatier Shyte goes viral for hilarious name
- 15:14 Alien spaceships, grunting pigs and revving Ford Cortinas among...
- 15:14 Festival fans urged to snap up tickets to National Forest's Timber...
- 15:13 Community fights against plan for quarry expansion
- 15:13 Send us your football team photos
- 15:13 Trinity star’s grandson Luke is born to run
- 15:13 Teenager turns bird detective
- 15:13 Historic Burnley building to be transformed through ambitious project
- 15:13 Staff, management and volunteers pitch in to turn Burnley green
- 15:12 Roadworks Round-up: The works which may cause you hold-ups in the...
- 15:12 Magpie Recipe: Hake with Spanish beans, for two
- 15:12 Bury families in poverty are to get help
- 15:12 Headteachers from Bury highlight school funding crisis