Move over James Bond: Pilot takes to the skies in Britain's first jetpack flight - and says you could own one in just three years
It is the ultimate boy's toy and will allow people to relive their James Bond fantasies in real life.
The world's first commercially available jetpack is to be launched in 2019, it was announced today as the man behind the technology flew his personal prototype over London.
David Mayman, a former commercial pilot from Australia, worked with a team of engineers to build the one-person vertical take-off device.
Scroll down for video
HOW THE JB-10 WORKS The JB-10 JetPack uses two minature jet engines fixed to a harness.
The engines run on aviation fuel and can together lift 350lbs at a... read more
- 19:06 5 things you might have missed in North Wales: January 23, 2017
- 19:05 Homes evacuated after explosion in block of flats in east London
- 19:05 Schoolboy, 16, rejects £5 million for website he created in...
- 19:05 Man spared jail for stabbing brother for eating his chicken sandwich
- 19:04 Hornchurch homes evacuated following 'explosion' in block of flats
- 19:03 Clifton hairdresser spared immediate jail term afer admitting...
- 19:02 Former 'legal highs' Black Mamba and Spice reclassified under new law
- 19:02 Defence Secretary accused of 'secrecy' over Trident test
- 19:02 'Heroin took hold of my life - and it was easier to get crack than...
- 19:02 Racist stickers 'will be removed' after appearing in Aintree Village
- 19:02 Teenage gang hunted over assaults which left two victims seriously...
- 19:02 Police staff member charged with computer misuse
- 19:01 Paris rolls out colour-code stickers for cars to curb pollution
- 19:01 Little Mix Eirias Stadium tickets sold out
- 19:00 Freezing fog to hit Chester area tonight
- 19:00 Villagers in Stretton could be drinking in a new micro-pub with an...
- 18:59 Drumroll please! The title for Star Wars: Episode 8 has been revealed
- 18:58 Brothers jailed for trafficking workers from Poland to...
- 18:57 Model Hanne Gaby Odiele has revealed she’s intersex, but what does...
- 18:56 Tottenham's new 61,000-seater stadium has been engineered to make...
- 18:55 U.S. STOCKS TRIM LOSSES SLIGHTLY; S&P 500 DOWN 0.3 PCT, DOW DOWN...
- 18:55 Balkan push for new coal-fired plants raises environmental concerns
- 18:55 Video verdict: Wasps stumble into quarter-finals, Coventry and...
- 18:55 Ilkeston pupils hit the high notes for charity
- 18:54 Brainy beauty aims to break pageanting stereotype
- 18:54 VIDEO & 360 PHOTO: Picasso Linocuts exhibition opens in Yorkshire...
- 18:54 City Varieties date for folk-rock star Martha Wainwright
- 18:53 Take a look at the proposed flyover plans for A19 at Testo's junction
- 18:53 Brothers jailed for people trafficking and fraud
- 18:52 England coach Trevor Bayliss opens door to Stuart Broad and Steven...