Mouth-watering venues in battle for award honours
Entries in the Nottingham Post's Recognising Rushcliffe Awards demonstrate the wealth and diversity of food and drink businesses in the borough.
A fish and chip shop, a family-run restaurant, a village pub and a farm shop are vying for this year's crown.
Nominations for The Chestnut, the only remaining free house in Radcliffe-on-Trent poured in.
Read more: Food Sleuth tests the grub at Nottingham's Robin Hood Beer and Cider Festival
One, praising the pub in Main Road, said: "The business and its food have gone from zero to hero in 24 months.
"The owners have put their heart and... read more
- 21:49 Simone Zaza is Mr January and Dimitri Payet features in March......
- 21:46 Will bringing Cafe Dansant back be a good thing for our area? -...
- 21:46 Tributes pour in for much-loved mum-of-three who died on New Year's...
- 21:46 Bird flu confirmed at Lincolnshire turkey farm
- 21:46 Eight killed in attack on police checkpoint in Egypt's Western Desert
- 21:46 Labour MPs call on Jeremy Corbyn to give clearer message...
- 21:46 Former U.S. officials urge Trump to talk with Iranian MEK group
- 21:46 New Year nightclub attacker caught in Istanbul - Turkish media reports
- 21:46 Comp: Win a pair of tickets to Chelsea v Hull at Stamford Bridge on...
- 21:45 The Istanbul New Year’s Eve nightclub attacker ‘has been caught’
- 21:43 Istanbul Reina nightclub attacker 'captured'
- 21:42 Jamie Carragher identifies the area Chelsea can be exploited by...
- 21:40 Illegal angler fined for fishing without a licence
- 21:40 Tesco is recalling Butter Chicken product as it contains nuts
- 21:36 BREAKING: Turkish police capture New Year's eve ISIS nightclub gunman
- 21:34 Liverpool legend slams Manchester United for "lack of class" in Old...
- 21:34 Thierry Henry: Why Chelsea's 3-4-3 system is so effective
- 21:33 Ivory Coast police fire teargas to disperse protesting students
- 21:32 Pregnancy weight gain not linked to early death in adulthood
- 21:32 Gentler exercise ‘can be just as effective’ as intense activity
- 21:31 'Wicked' man, 78, jailed for historic sex offences against children...
- 21:31 Blue Monday: 17 reasons why Derby folk should be cheerful in 2017
- 21:26 Boy, 17, admits Birmingham taxi stone attack
- 21:24 Mark Carney: Household debt and consumer spending a key focus amid...
- 21:24 Man in court admits hiring a prostitute in Derbyshire
- 21:22 Chelsea close to agreeing major striker deal - Sky Sports reporter
- 21:22 Businesses throw support behind £1m action plan for Derby's St...
- 21:22 Your pictures of REALLY bad parking in Derbyshire
- 21:22 Blue Monday: Let comedians from Derby Theatre's sell-out shows...
- 21:22 Drink-driver crashed into Land Rover carrying baby in Derbyshire