Moussa Dembele sets new Celtic record with goal vs Manchester City
Moussa Dembele has scored the quickest ever goal for Celtic in the Champions League with his early effort against Manchester City.
The 20-year-old opened the scoring after just two minutes and 23 seconds as he deflected Erik Sviatchenko’s header past Claudio Bravo with his chest.
And that goal is now the earliest Celtic have struck in Champions League history.
Fernandinho pulled City level in the 11th minute but Brendan Rodgers’ side went ahead once again as Raheem Sterling deflected Kieran Tierney’s strike into his own net.
But Sterling hit back to level the score in the 28th minute.
MORE:... read more
- 15:29 Research reveals women are taking control of their finances
- 15:29 NHS staff and patients to celebrate ‘Experience of Care Week’
- 15:29 Thousands of fans pay tribute to Avicii at Coachella following his...
- 15:26 Lesbian mum told baby won’t be legally registered because she is gay
- 15:25 Rafael Nadal beats Kei Nishikori to win the Monte Carlo Masters for...
- 15:25 Courts: Man avoids jail despite attack with rounders bat
- 15:24 Is the mini-heatwave over? What this week's weather has in store
- 15:24 Research reveals women are taking control of their finances
- 15:22 Can you pass the UK citizenship test? Take this quiz and find out
- 15:22 Funding boost for police operation targeting Calderdale's dangerous...
- 15:22 How much do London Marathon 2018 winners get in prize money?
- 15:21 Research reveals women are taking control of their finances
- 15:21 Police raid illegal Thai orgy and find ‘sweating middle-aged...
- 15:21 Majority get first choice school
- 15:21 Trump says North Korea nuclear crisis 'long way from conclusion'
- 15:19 Is the mini-heatwave over? What this week's weather has in store
- 15:19 Meeting to discuss access to cancer services for patients in Cumbria
- 15:18 WEEKEND WEB: Keeping people in their homes
- 15:18 Get the squad together: BBC Three is looking for mates to go on a...
- 15:18 Man arrested outside Birmingham Airport after 'threatening to shoot...
- 15:15 Vintage bike used to fight crime in Edinburgh bought for £265,000
- 15:11 Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson gives epic surprise to a fan who asked...
- 15:11 Surge in number of Leicester kids in care triggers massive council...
- 15:10 The Gaitn Inn may be off the beaten track in Millington, but it’s...
- 15:10 The play-off 'lottery' is a myth - and Aston Villa must now prove...
- 15:09 Sir Mo beats the heat to post British record at London Marathon
- 15:09 Ed Sheeran reveals new details about his next album
- 15:08 Research reveals women are taking control of their finances
- 15:07 Shock number of Cheshire businesses connected to organised crime...
- 15:07 Banking royal commission: Labor asks Turnbull for compensation scheme