Mountain Warehouse warns of higher prices after Brexit
Outdoor retailer Mountain Warehouse has notched up record first-half sales, but its boss warned that the collapse in sterling will mean higher prices for shoppers from next year.
The company said sales for the first six months of its financial year climbed 29.5 per cent to £76.8 million, although pre-tax profits edged down to £4m, from £4.3m a year ago, with the decline attributed to “a period of significant investment in new stores”.
Founder and chief executive Mark Neale said the chain would have to deal with increased costs sparked by the falling pound “in three ways”.
He said: “A third... read more
- 07:49 Health chiefs have ruled our air ambulance transfers to avoid A595
- 07:47 This artist made a suit out of 150 breast milk bags to make an...
- 07:47 Here’s why breaking up with a mate is so much worse than a...
- 07:44 11 ‘micro-crimes’ you’ve probably committed
- 07:44 Warwickshire Community and Voluntary Action win Warwickshire Third...
- 07:44 We retired to Greece but want to move back home because I suffered...
- 07:43 Luke Rhoden inquest: Just what happened in Luke’s final minutes?
- 07:43 Stoke City news and transfer rumours LIVE: Hughes sets goal...
- 07:42 West Ham plot January raid on arch-rivals Millwall: Hammers have...
- 07:41 UPDATE 2-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Oct 25
- 07:40 Craig Hignett fears losing Hartlepool United stars in January
- 07:40 Man wielded meat cleaver at dog walker in the street
- 07:40 Undetected heart defect causes death of 9-day-old baby boy
- 07:39 Martin Flanagan: BBA chief stops short of apocalypse pow
- 07:37 Police release footage of lorry driver using his mobile as he...
- 07:37 Four dead after water raft ‘overturns’ at theme park
- 07:37 Drugged up driver left teenage friend to die after crashing
- 07:37 BREAKING: Four dead in freak accident on river rapids ride in theme...
- 07:35 At least three killed on ride at Australia's biggest theme park
- 07:34 £100 million Springfield Brewery revamp gets go-ahead
- 07:33 India puzzled by 'sacking' of Tata boss Cyrus Mistry
- 07:32 Parking bays will need to be repainted as part of St Giles Street’s...
- 07:32 Phipps NBC launch golden cask competition to mark brewing of...
- 07:32 A total of 22 fashion stores and pubs have shut-up-shop on...
- 07:31 Demonstration sees Swineshead pond dredged for free
- 07:31 Today's Weather: Some sunny spells
- 07:31 Five jobs instead of one as search for Lincolnshire’ top cop goes on
- 07:30 People trapped in South Tyneside crash
- 07:30 Chester Zoo is one of UK's most popular tourist attractions
- 07:29 Trafffic and travel: A38 now open at Claymills following collision...