Mountain challenge for vintage motorcycles raises charity cash
Three Pendle men have helped raise thousands for Cancer Research UK after a summer challenge which saw them tackle mountain ranges on vintage motorbikes.
Graham Lampkin, of Milford Street, Colne, rode a 1961 Royal Enfield on the trip across Europe in May and June which raised £3,800. He thought up the trip and called it “Lampy goes 2 L n’ back” having done a similar trip to Lerwick in 2014.
He was joined by friend Chris Nutter, from Fence, on a 1968 BSA B40, and they were looked after by another pal Richard Higgins, from Spen Brook, who drove Chris’s van as a back up.
The trio’s trip took... read more
- 02:22 80’s rock star to perform at South Shields pub
- 02:21 Review: Bryan Cranston stars in Network at The National Theatre ★★★☆☆
- 02:21 Strictly Come Dancing: Behind the scenes in Blackpool
- 02:10 Social care: MPs seek cross-party group to 'sustain' NHS
- 01:57 Budget 2017: Tax on takeaway boxes to be considered
- 01:54 King's Cross fire: Survivors' tales 30 years on
- 01:46 Pablo Carreno Busta speaks out on whether Rafael Nadal will defend...
- 01:31 Nationwide sees first-time buyer mortgages hit record high
- 01:31 Chizzy Akudolu claims Weakest Link crown in charity special
- 01:21 ATP Finals preview: Debutants Grigor Dimitrov and Jack Sock prepare...
- 01:21 Manchester United plot third bid for Gareth Bale with Real Madrid...
- 01:16 Call the Midwife Christmas special: FIRST LOOK Children in Need...
- 01:16 100 Women: 'Home-schooling helped me break the glass ceiling'
- 01:12 Zimbabwe: 10 numbers that will help you understand what's actually...
- 01:07 Georgia coach Milton Haig hopes to impress Six Nations suits with...
- 01:06 Young artists win awards
- 01:02 Brothers with rare terminal muscle disorder fear their future after...
- 01:02 Does your daughter have ADHD? Top psychologist explains why it is...
- 01:02 Video shows nurses doubled over LAUGHING as 89-year-old World War 2...
- 01:02 Your parents' lifestyles can determine your health – even as an adult
- 00:59 Chile polls pit billionaire against ex-news anchor
- 00:58 Virgin East Coast to launch a half price 'Beat Black Friday' ticket...
- 00:44 World HIV Testing Week 2017 – where to get free HIV tests
- 00:43 Brigitte Macron wears low-key outfit for Abu Dhabi trip with...
- 00:40 Man arrested after ordering 200 hash browns
- 00:39 UK seeks future cyber-security stars
- 00:34 Trump administration lifts ban on hunting trophies
- 00:33 ‘Don’t lose it, lock them out’ – police
- 00:33 Children in Need viewers beg for The Weakest Link to return after...
- 00:33 'Killfies': Indian state campaigns against deadly selfies