Motorway misery could leave economy stuck in the slow lane
0 Have your say Fears have been voiced that the traffic-choked motorway system in and around Leeds could put the brakes on the local economy.
Two of West Yorkshire’s main road routes – the M621 and the M606 – are among the four slowest motorways in the UK, new research has revealed.
The average speed for drivers on Leeds’s M621 was just 26.75mph during the first six months of this year.
Motorists on the M606 – which runs between Cleckheaton and Bradford – fared even worse, with their average speed of 24.62mph being the country’s lowest.
Reacting to the findings, Phil Snowden, regional... read more
- 08:28 Former NFUS treasurer George Lawrie joins Hutton board
- 08:28 Radio 1 Big Weekend: All you need to know as biggest music festival...
- 08:28 Lads’ night out! Lingard and Rashford snapped partying in...
- 08:28 Real sense of injustice for Dundee United after wrong red card and...
- 08:28 Manchester terror attack: Major fundraising appeal for family of...
- 08:27 Philipe Coutinho to Barcelona: Liverpool star urged to join Neymar...
- 08:27 Police probing Manchester bombing raid St Helens property: updates
- 08:26 Halifax gunman jailed after innocent victims shot in the head...
- 08:26 Drugged-up robber jailed for Halifax attack on terrified schoolboy
- 08:26 Your guide to Bank Holiday opening times for Calderdale pharmacies
- 08:26 Hit-and-run biker injured seven-year-old girl in Bradford
- 08:25 Get your gladrags on, Whitby’s White Lily Ball is coming!
- 08:25 WIN a three-course meal for two at top Whitby restaurant
- 08:25 Restaurant Group reports slip in sales
- 08:25 Colonel Kemp backs controversial deportation proposal: 'What's the...
- 08:24 Handing over the handlebars at cycle shop
- 08:24 Latest court reports from Kirklees Magistrates
- 08:24 Chief executive to leave Northumberland County Council
- 08:24 Burnley chairman Mike Garlick admits his club faces a battle to...
- 08:23 Council takes steps to get coach drivers using new facility
- 08:23 Town councillor criticises mayor for ditching civic party
- 08:23 Up to 5,000 troops ready to deploy as UK remains on 'critical'...
- 08:23 Paxton House set to celebrate anniversary
- 08:23 Tories' lead over Labour narrows in first poll since Manchester...
- 08:23 Sheffield hit-and-run driver in 'dark car' sought after knocking...
- 08:23 Go Outdoors to hold family fun day
- 08:23 China stocks end week higher, state-led buying offsets Moody's...
- 08:23 Road closed in Tutbury due to an accident involving one car
- 08:22 Engelbert Humperdinck new LP riding high in album charts
- 08:22 Michael Watson: Time to invest in making society better