Motorway misery could leave economy stuck in the slow lane
0 Have your say Fears have been voiced that the traffic-choked motorway system in and around Leeds could put the brakes on the local economy.
Two of West Yorkshire’s main road routes – the M621 and the M606 – are among the four slowest motorways in the UK, new research has revealed.
The average speed for drivers on Leeds’s M621 was just 26.75mph during the first six months of this year.
Motorists on the M606 – which runs between Cleckheaton and Bradford – fared even worse, with their average speed of 24.62mph being the country’s lowest.
Reacting to the findings, Phil Snowden, regional... read more
- 13:26 Small schools across rural Yorkshire at risk from funding crisis
- 13:25 Evacuated tower block resident says she can’t be rehomed because of...
- 13:24 New Zealand coach Steve Hansen hails Kieran Read's display against...
- 13:23 In pictures: Theresa May's visit to Liverpool for Armed Forces Day
- 13:23 Watch: Leeds marks Armed Forces Day
- 13:18 Arsenal starlet Chris Willock closing in on Benfica transfer move
- 13:17 16 things you only know if you live in Clapham
- 13:17 Glencore ups bidding war for Rio Tinto's coal mines to £2.1bn
- 13:17 VIDEO: All your questions answered in our PNE Q&A
- 13:16 Marco Verratti to Barcelona: PSG star gives update on his future
- 13:16 Brooklyn Beckham blasted over 'terrible' photography book with...
- 13:16 Desperate mum 'had row with 999 operator' just minutes before...
- 13:14 Masterchef finalist to host supper club
- 13:14 JD Sports set to open new Sheffield store
- 13:14 The Derby cat made famous by the ICC Women's Cricket World Cup
- 13:13 Chester's Wesley Church Centre reopens after £500,000 refurbishment
- 13:13 Sauber chairman hits out as tempers flare in wake of Monisha...
- 13:13 Liverpool will bid for Arsenal star Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain but...
- 13:13 Man Utd buying Alvaro Morata, Fabinho and Jordi Alba would be great...
- 13:10 Bellator NYC: How to watch Sonnen vs. Silva live
- 13:09 Crash kills man and woman pedestrians as they cross A64 near Malton
- 13:08 Viz founder Simon Donald to compete in Great North Run after MS...
- 13:08 From 2lbs to tennis star - the incredible story of a High Heaton...
- 13:08 FEATURE: Opera in Harborough - it’s hot in every sense!
- 13:07 Three-year-old double baby of the year winner diagnosed with brain...
- 13:06 Azerbaijan Grand Prix qualifying F1 LIVE: Lewis Hamilton aims to...
- 13:05 Declan Donnelly may have known about Anthony McPartlin’s battle...
- 13:05 Man suffers broken jaw in attack by schoolboy wearing blue arm cast
- 13:05 Istanbul bans gay and transgender pride march for second year
- 13:04 Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service gives barbecue safety advice...