Motorists warned of delays as gas works begin a week late on key route
Gas works on a busy Middlesbrough road that are likely to cause disruption over the next two weeks have begun.
Reinforcement to the gas network on Ormesby Road was due to start on September 21 but was pushed back due to changes in the work schedule.
The project, which started today, is part of the ongoing development of infrastructure in the area and involves reinforcement to the gas network in order to maintain pressure during the winter months.
Neil Smith, site manager for Northern Gas Networks said: “We have been working closely with Middlesbrough Council to carefully plan this essential... read more
- 11:25 Plans for 150 homes in Hatton Park due to be heard tonight
- 11:25 Class A drug gang jailed after 18 homes raided by police
- 11:24 Sky Sports pundit makes huge Antonio Conte to Arsenal claim
- 11:24 Liverpool transfer news: Robbie Fowler says superstars set to join...
- 11:24 Meet the Westoe candidates for the South Tyneside local council...
- 11:24 Apple's Shazam takeover investigated by EU competition regulators
- 11:24 Children secure place at preferred Northumberland schools
- 11:22 Students dissolved in acid after being mistaken for Mexican drug...
- 11:22 The idyllic North Yorkshire village that hosts naked swimming sessions
- 11:22 Interviews set to take place for Chester FC job - but here's who...
- 11:21 Pub near Rothwell is county’s best
- 11:21 Excavations will reveal more about ancient henge unearthed in Raunds
- 11:21 Galloway's Society for the Blind CEO completed the London Marathon,...
- 11:21 M55 CRASH: Lorry driver surrenders passport as case begins into...
- 11:20 Artisan Market to bring tasty treats to Brighouse this weekend
- 11:19 Asfordby charity music night raises thousands in memory of Leah
- 11:19 Poignant silence for heroic Burnley stretcher-bearer
- 11:18 £15,000 campaign to bring wheelchair friendly roundabout to...
- 11:18 Fire breaks out at accountancy firm in Pateley Bridge
- 11:18 Police property marking drive
- 11:18 Fire bosses issue water safety tips as part of new campaign
- 11:17 Blackpool building firm in £21m city work
- 11:17 Dinosaurs are coming to Banbury
- 11:17 Swiss rösti with a twist: North and South Korea summit menu's...
- 11:17 DNC lawsuit against Trump campaign divides party – but could reveal...
- 11:16 Next Arsenal manager odds have Luis Enrique leading three-horse...
- 11:16 The best Aussie Anzac Day footy moments ever (and how you can...
- 11:16 New weekend £2 charge in Northampton's multi-storey car park...
- 11:16 Museum Gardens in Lichfield to host traditional Victorian May Day...
- 11:15 Boy, 5, becomes violently ill every single time he eats