Motorist 'cannot remember anything about A500 fatal crash'
MOTORIST Nathan Confrey told a jury he has no recollection of the crash which killed a dad-of-four.
The 33-year-old is on trial at Stoke-on-Trent Crown Court charged with causing the death of Nathan Smallwood by dangerous driving on the A500 at Etruria on December 13, 2014.
He is also charged with causing Mr Smallwood's death by careless driving and causing serious injury to Mr Smallwood's wife, Deborah, by dangerous driving.
He denies all three charges.
Confrey, a former soldier, told the court he had no recollection of the accident.
Read more: 64 beds & 200 jobs under threat at... read more
- 08:08 Meghan Markle officially joins the ‘Firm’ as she gets her own...
- 08:05 Matthew Bates accepts Hartlepool United will have to box clever in...
- 08:05 Seven ways to manage anxiety
- 08:05 Chinese restaurant syndrome: has MSG been unfairly demonised?
- 08:05 I feel too unattractive to have the sex life I dream about
- 08:03 Gang of youths attack two people in Barrow street
- 08:03 Ryanair reports soaring profits but warns of headwinds
- 08:02 Retired guide dog is ticking off everything on his bucket list...
- 07:57 Ebola outbreak: Experimental vaccinations to begin in DR Congo
- 07:57 Delays and cancellations on Northern trains
- 07:55 Just a week until Rothwell’s Proclamation Day
- 07:55 Chelsea’s rebuild: Hazard and Courtois to follow Conte out of the...
- 07:53 Vehicles must now pass tougher and updated MOT
- 07:53 Second day of travel chaos as four million trains rescheduled
- 07:52 ‘Shocked’ Blackpool nan finds pony in backyard
- 07:49 Super gonorrhea is infecting people worldwide and ‘could...
- 07:49 Man Utd star Phil Jones ‘needs a doctor’: Star slammed for display...
- 07:47 Premier Inn work to start this summer
- 07:46 Cast of the Customs House show Mt Uncle Freddie visit Beamish for...
- 07:43 Delays and cancellations on Northern trains
- 07:43 Work starts on £7.5million specialist dementia care home
- 07:41 Billboard Awards 2018: Ed Sheeran wins big and Avicii tributes
- 07:41 Help is out there for Sunderland dementia sufferers thanks to new...
- 07:40 Inga Maria Hauser murder: Two men arrested in Loughguile
- 07:40 Under-threat community hub raises nearly £30,000 in a month
- 07:40 A shot in the dark
- 07:40 Alarm at how services run increases yearly
- 07:40 Fire ravaged Ovenden Hotel to be demolished for housing development
- 07:40 Change of name
- 07:40 Ever seen a badger pole dance? We have