Motherwell 1 Hearts 3: Three things we learned as Jambos move clear in second with Fir Park victory
STEELWORK returned to Motherwell this week but it was Hearts who left Lanarkshire with that winning feeling after a six year wait.
Just three days after the Dalzell Plant reopened it’s doors, the Jambos ended a hoodoo which stretched back to 2010 as they brought a two game goal drought to a close in both bizarre and spectacular fashion.
Robbie Neilson’s side had a wicked deflection from Well defender Stephen McManus to thank for a first half lead before Callum Paterson and Arnaud Djoum strikes allowed Hearts to leapfrog Aberdeen to claim second spot in the table.
James McFadden’s injury... read more
- 15:14 Couple pump £200,000 into Ilkeston pub - and turn it into a success
- 15:14 Christmas 2016: Your complete guide to the festive shows in Nottingham
- 15:13 Perfect scores for young pupils
- 15:13 Award-winning Yorkshire Meatball Company announce closure of its...
- 15:13 Clashes in Somalia displace 75,000 as rains threaten - U.N.
- 15:12 Chatburn woman (55) dies in house blaze
- 15:12 11-year-old Rangers fan bottled in head before Old Firm game set to...
- 15:12 Design competition launched for new Scottish baby box
- 15:12 Hull City appoint Neil McDonald as new assistant coach
- 15:11 Chatburn woman (55) dies in house blaze
- 15:10 Hawker Yard pop-up idea is long-term winner
- 15:10 Foreign firms to increase spending on Iraqi oil fields in Basra -...
- 15:10 What is sepsis? Deadly condition kills tens of thousands every year
- 15:10 Euro zone inflation outlook still in the balance - ECB's Hansson
- 15:09 LIST: 2016 Nottinghamshire bonfire night events
- 15:09 When is Ross County v Celtic? Kick-off time, TV channel and odds
- 15:08 Joe Schmidt extends stay as Ireland head coach
- 15:08 Poldark ‘rape scene’ complaints examined by media watchdog
- 15:07 Warwickshire trading standards: ‘ham and cheese’ pizzas did not...
- 15:07 Sikh temple incident update: one man cautioned as investigation...
- 15:07 See water shoot into the air during Gateshead High Street roadworks
- 15:06 Kenyan president commutes all death sentences to life in prison
- 15:06 Babies should share bedroom with parents - but in their own bed
- 15:06 South Yorkshire bid to beat domestic abuse
- 15:06 Cuerden jobs site moves step nearer
- 15:06 Man threatened with knife in attempted robbery in Stockton
- 15:05 Girl with incurable illness gets to be police dog handler for the day
- 15:05 Dad 'stalked by cancer' which claimed his wife and daughter
- 15:04 Man sought after he exposed himself on trains
- 15:04 Jail warning for threat to kill man