Mothercare slips to loss as UK sales fall
Baby goods retailer Mothercare has reported a half-year loss, blaming unseasonal weather and warehouse changes for the figures.
It reported a loss of £800,000 for the six months to 8 October, compared with a £5.8m profit last year.
"The last six months have been challenging," the company said.
Mothercare is in the midst of a turnaround plan that has seen it close loss-making branches and relocate many High Street shops out of town.
It closed six stores in the first half and has now refurbished three-fifths of its shops in a "new modern format".
'Well prepared' Mothercare... read more
- 08:12 Tributes to dad-of-three who died on diving trip in the Lakes
- 08:10 ‘It was fun, but uncomfortable’: Members of the mile high club...
- 08:10 Groundhog Day for Morecambe boss Bentley
- 08:10 LIVE: Wednesday's Preston North End news - Alex Neil's...
- 08:10 Patrick Vieira ‘ready’ for Arsenal but is yet to be contacted over...
- 08:10 Jurgen Klopp explains how Mohamed Salah can become the best player...
- 08:09 Under-16s set to be banned from using WhatsApp - what it means for you
- 08:09 Royal wedding afternoon tea event in the Ribble Valley
- 08:09 Liverpool Player Ratings: How good were Firmino, Henderson and co...
- 08:08 Mitsubishi striving to eclipse its rivals
- 08:08 Man seen exposing himself to passers by outside Carlisle car rental...
- 08:06 Costa Coffee to spin off from Whitbread
- 08:06 Inside Nintendo's secretive creative process
- 08:06 Man charged with attempted murder after stabbing outside flats in...
- 08:06 UK EuroMillions ticket-holder wins entire £121.3 million jackpot...
- 08:06 Mohamed Salah: Liverpool star on a par with Lionel Messi and...
- 08:04 RISE AND SHINE: All your latest morning news
- 08:03 Single Brit winner scoops £121million EuroMillions jackpot - are...
- 08:02 Extra police at Birmingham Airport today - here's why
- 08:02 RISE AND SHINE: All your latest morning news
- 08:02 Police hunt down suspected car thieves with dogs in Penwortham
- 08:01 Letters: Puzzled by 20% rise in cost of scratch cards
- 08:01 ALERT: Warning issued to Sheffield WhatsApp users over fraud scam
- 08:01 ALERT: Warning issued to Doncaster WhatsApp users over fraud scam
- 08:00 From a homeless hostel to vice-chancellor of Lincoln University
- 07:59 Supreme Court to hear NI woman's widow benefit case
- 07:55 Toronto van murderer may have killed 10 due to ‘hatred of women’
- 07:55 Golden State Warriors set up Playoff showdown with New Orleans...
- 07:54 Alfie Evans' parents to appeal against High Court's Rome travel ban...
- 07:52 Martin Bain opens up on Sunderland's relegation, Ellis Short and a...