Mother who lost son due to NHS mistakes welcomes new baby
Melissa Mead, who lost her son William to sepsis in December 2014, gave birth to Arthur William Mead on Tuesday.
He weighed 7lbs 11oz - the exact same weight as William.
William died after GPs, out-of-hours services and a 111 call handler failed to spot he had sepsis caused by an underlying chest infection and pneumonia.
A report into his death said opportunities were missed to save the little boy's life after his parents were repeatedly told he just had a cough.
Mrs Mead, from Penryn in Cornwall, relentlessly pursued answers as to why her son died and has now become a high-profile... read more
- 15:25 The musical exploring the realities of depression - My Beautiful...
- 15:25 Donald Trump gets UK crime figures in twist with 'Islamic terror'...
- 15:25 Watchdog warns of 360% increase in customs declarations post-Brexit
- 15:25 School issues stranger danger alert after man allegedly 'exposed...
- 15:25 Images released after woman assaulted in Banbury supermarket
- 15:24 Longer beaks in UK great tits 'down to garden feeders'
- 15:24 Airline celebrates first ever all-female flight crew on new plane
- 15:24 What TV channel is Huddersfield vs Manchester United on? Kick-off...
- 15:24 Jose Mourinho gives Manchester United winter transfer window update
- 15:23 Harry Kane's rise will give Tottenham issues says Liverpool FC boss...
- 15:23 Cumbrian £300,000 National Lottery winner revealed
- 15:23 CCTV released after assault on man outside pub
- 15:22 High-flyer Marnie Millard's helping women in Tanzania build...
- 15:22 Orionid meteor shower to light up our skies this weekend
- 15:21 City worker ‘posted fake pictures of colleague to porn sites’ after...
- 15:21 Confused Nazi gets hugged by black man who asks: ‘Why don’t you...
- 15:21 YOUR VIEWS: Belt up or get licence points?
- 15:21 Orionid meteor shower to light up our skies this weekend
- 15:21 Burglars steal several items from Kenilworth home
- 15:21 Police seize suspected hare coursers’ dogs
- 15:21 Warwickshire College Group graduates celebrate degree successes
- 15:20 Orionid meteor shower to light up our skies this weekend
- 15:20 Haunted Halloween mansion in Lincolnshire goes up for sale on...
- 15:20 BREAKING NEWS: 53-year-old man cleared of all charges over alleged...
- 15:19 PNE in Numbers: Barkhuizen going from strength to strength
- 15:18 High Tides - October 21 to October 28
- 15:18 Donald Trump slammed for 'fearmongering' over Islamic terror UK...
- 15:18 Orionid meteor shower to light up our skies this weekend
- 15:17 Wyre councillor did her bit for keep fit day
- 15:17 The Walking Dead season 8: How did the virus start? What created...