Mother who lost son due to NHS mistakes welcomes new baby
A mother whose 12-month-old son died due to NHS blunders has given birth to a baby boy.
Melissa Mead, who lost her son William to sepsis in December 2014, gave birth to Arthur William Mead on Tuesday.
He weighed 7lbs 11oz - the exact same weight as William.
William died after GPs, out-of-hours services and a 111 call handler failed to spot he had sepsis caused by an underlying chest infection and pneumonia.
A report into his death said opportunities were missed to save the little boy's life after his parents were repeatedly told he just had a cough.
Mrs Mead, from Penryn in Cornwall,... read more
- 13:15 Shops braced for slump in Christmas spending for the first time...
- 13:16 East Lancashire's most wanted
- 13:17 Christmas fair at Rainbow House in Mawdesley
- 13:15 Pound v US dollar: GBP advances against USD as key UK budget looms
- 13:17 Banned driver who stole mum's car and ploughed into residents' cars...
- 13:16 Toddlers' poppy tribute
- 13:16 New vital life-saving equipment for town
- 13:17 New image in hunt for alleged attackers
- 13:15 Ladbrokes Coral’s Europe stake pays off after net revenues in the...
- 13:17 Man arrested after plane crash lucky escape
- 13:16 Campaigners swing into action for play area
- 13:16 Sana is community champion
- 13:17 Motorway partially closed near Preston
- 13:15 Black Friday 2017: Deals may NOT be as much of a bargain, Which?...
- 13:16 Raising awareness of child sexual exploitation
- 13:17 Commuting time on the rise in the North West
- 13:15 Gig economy loophole crackdown: Change law to tackle worker...
- 13:17 Sweaty Mama in Buckshaw Village to deliver Christmas wishes to...
- 13:16 Axeman on scooter attempted robbery at Burnley store
- 13:15 Etsy to expand London office as it centralises international...
- 13:16 Person feared trapped in house fire
- 13:16 Appeal to find missing boys
- 13:15 Big banks to be FINED at least €2billion, wonder who’s going to...
- 13:16 Axe raid heroes
- 13:15 'Winning is amazing' Lucky Daily Express reader drives away with...
- 13:16 Have Faith
- 13:15 New BMW X3 REVIEW: Does it beat the Audi Q5, Mercedes GLC and Volvo...
- 13:16 Hundreds flock to first ever Christmas Cracker event
- 13:14 Individuality celebrated at Clitheroe school to mark Anti-Bullying...
- 13:15 Tesla Semi truck REVEALED: EV has 500 miles of range and goes...