Mother struggled to bond with her premature baby because ‘he looked like an alien’
A mother whose son is one of Britain’s youngest ever premature babies has revealed she struggled to bond with him ‘because he looked like an alien’.
Flynn Parry was born 17 weeks early, seven days before the legal abortion limit of 24 weeks, and weighed just 1lb 1oz and was 11 inches long.
Hoda Ali, 36, had Flynn at University of Central London Hospital and immediately was told he was fighting for his life and unlikely to survive.
He was suffering sepsis, a potentially deadly form of blood poisoning, and had two brain bleeds, because of his early arrival into the world.
She said: A doctor... read more
- 14:58 Rare footage captures the gruesome moment two killer whales attack...
- 14:58 Apple is secretly producing high definition MicroLED displays which...
- 14:58 Massive volcanic eruption, described in an apocalyptic poem,...
- 14:58 Kelso woman loses £40,000 in fake bank scam
- 14:58 Man Utd enter race to sign Arsenal star: Surprise transfer enquiry...
- 14:58 Overwatch Brigitte release date COUNTDOWN: Launch time, skins,...
- 14:57 SMALL CAP SHARE IDEAS: Payments platform Bango surges on strong...
- 14:57 Dundee United announce energy company Utilita as new sponsors
- 14:56 How far will your car run on the fuel warning light - and can you...
- 14:56 Winston Churchill’s cigar butt up for sale at Derbyshire auctioneers
- 14:56 Family of murdered Leeds woman Gemma Simpson blame mental health...
- 14:56 Roger Federer: Greg Rusedski makes big Juan Martin del Potro claim...
- 14:56 Liverpool news: Sky Sports pundit makes £150m transfer claim
- 14:56 When is Australian Grand Prix? UK start time, live stream, TV...
- 14:56 Case dropped against men accused of trafficking Rotherham teenager
- 14:55 Didcot signs point to Narnia, Gotham City and Middle Earth
- 14:55 Fines for littering in Sunderland should be even tougher, say readers
- 14:55 Case dropped against men accused of trafficking Rotherham teenager
- 14:55 Health screen at supermarket
- 14:53 Case dropped against men accused of trafficking Rotherham teenager
- 14:54 Family of murdered Leeds woman Gemma Simpson blame mental health...
- 14:53 Family of murdered Leeds woman Gemma Simpson blame mental health...
- 14:53 Openreach looking to take on 40 trainee engineers
- 14:52 Stars come out for Cheshire super club launch party
- 14:52 Man’s addiction to spirits leaves him with severely swollen neck
- 14:52 Baby abandoned in A&E with umbilical cord still attached
- 14:51 School hit by hoax 'bomb threat' e-mail
- 14:50 School hit by hoax 'bomb threat' e-mail
- 14:50 Bacon butties on offer at Cumbrian felltop cafe
- 14:50 Is Logan Paul scared to face KSI in the ring after brother Jake...