Mother says antidepressant drugs turned her son into a 'psychotic killer'
Shane Clancy a 22-year-old final year theology student at Trinity University, had “never harmed anyone” when he went on the deadly spree, 17 days after being prescribed the drugs.
He then killed himself.
Leonie Fennell, 52, researcher in healthcare ethics from Wicklow, spoke out following a Panorama documentary which linked antidepressants to violence.
Last week’s programme uncovered figures from the drug watchdog Medicines Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency that showed 28 reports linking the drugs with murder over the past 30 years and 32 linking similar antidepressants to homicidal... read more
- 06:50 Girl, 11, gives birth after being ‘repeatedly raped by six men...
- 06:48 Railway launches club for youngsters
- 06:48 Amble restaurant is shortlisted for award
- 06:48 Good Food Guide promotes town’s eating premises
- 06:48 Helen Skelton 'could hardly move' after Sport Relief boxing training
- 06:47 South Shields dance classes for older people is reducing falls
- 06:47 Hebburn sea cadet chosen for Royal role
- 06:47 Anti-social behaviour scheme kicks off in South Tyneside
- 06:47 Heartbroken family’s memorial bench tribute to tragedy man
- 06:47 Jarrow couple with youngster diagnosed with cystic fibrosis are...
- 06:47 MP to continue campaign for drug to be available on NHS
- 06:47 Harlow's Princess Alexandra Hospital out of special measures
- 06:45 British architecture projects under threat from Brexit – survey
- 06:44 Kettering couple celebrate 60th wedding anniversary
- 06:44 REVEALED: The latest average house prices in Corby, East Northants,...
- 06:42 Kineton Greenhills grocery burgled
- 06:41 Alive with artisans: Cairo’s al-Darb al-Ahmar district – a photo essay
- 06:40 Manchester United plotting £50m summer swoop for Arsenal star...
- 06:40 Teenagers have raw sewage poured on them for being alone together...
- 06:39 Ant McPartlin ‘on lockdown at home to undergo rehab’ as he backs...
- 06:38 Construction begins in Chester city centre on 'monstrous' student...
- 06:38 Fylde headteacher sued after pupil slipped in mud
- 06:38 Girl who was told she was paralysed defies odds by running and dancing
- 06:38 Powerful photos capture mother giving birth to a stillborn child
- 06:37 F1 news: Fernando Alonso reveals why he's so excited for 2018 season
- 06:37 Neymar: Real Madrid ace Marco Asensio goads PSG star over transfer
- 06:37 Liverpool news: Anfield hero makes damaging Mohamed Salah Ballon...
- 06:36 Wednesday’s best TV: Zoe Ball’s Hardest Road Home; Damned
- 06:34 Huge boom in growth of city over past years
- 06:32 Talented runner sets a first for Banovallum in national final