Mother’s pain at losing daughter after ecstasy overdose
A teenager who survived cancer as a baby died after taking a lethal ecstasy overdose.
Sherie-Lea James, 15, took the drugs at a party in September which caused her heart to fail.
Fraternity ‘taught students how to use date rape drugs’ The 15-year-old had a liver transplant at 20 months after being diagnosed with cancer, which doctors believe may have made her more vulnerable to the drugs.
Her mother, Sam James, 43, has now spoken of her loss and pleaded with other teens to stay away from drugs to stop this from happening.
She said: ‘I have lost my daughter and I will never get over that.... read more
- 17:12 Animal cruelty complaints 'rising' in Oxfordshire as RSPCA reveals...
- 17:10 Golden State Killer: Police 'arrest suspect' in California
- 17:10 Eurovision fans laugh at 'hilarious' list of banned items
- 17:09 Can we please stop painting Liverpool’s success as some great...
- 17:09 Fracking in our area would need hundreds of wells to become viable,...
- 17:09 Disruption as £400k upgrade to Halifax’s gas distribution network...
- 17:09 Trump set for official UK visit in July – minus pomp and ceremony
- 17:09 Real Madrid to propose Mohamed Salah ‘swap’ deal: Liverpool could...
- 17:07 Daniel takes on dual role for Rock of Ages show in Workington
- 17:07 Tributes paid to Carlisle woman who died aged 109
- 17:06 Diego Costa and Fernando Torres return to London as Atletico Madrid...
- 17:06 Government department’s new city HQ
- 17:06 Former Turner & Townsend chairman Tim Wray dies aged 69
- 17:06 Arrest made after armed police deployed to industrial estate
- 17:05 How many calories are there in a bottle of wine – does red, white...
- 17:05 Liverpool fan fighting for life after being 'attacked with belt'...
- 17:05 Arsenal told to replace Arsene Wenger with Brendan Rodgers due to...
- 17:05 Jose Mourinho defends his record as Manchester United boss but...
- 17:04 ‘Mr Scarborough’ heads west for anniversary organ concert
- 17:03 Nico 1988: the film about the Velvet Underground's doomed singer
- 17:02 BREAKING NEWS: Northampton teenager found guilty of murdering Liam...
- 17:02 Police carry out drug raids at Leeds flats
- 17:01 Police patrols to be stepped up as horse fair rolls into town
- 17:01 Girl, 7, stayed silent as babysitter raped her to stop him...
- 16:59 Macron attacks nationalism in speech to US Congress
- 16:59 A spring in their step as Trampolene head north
- 16:59 ‘Mr Scarborough’ heads west for anniversary organ concert
- 16:58 Caitlin Moran asked women what they did with their time when they...
- 16:58 Firefighters release casualty in Pode Hole crash
- 16:57 Corby cycling festival under threat