Mother's allergy to WATER means she can't shower, sweat or even cry without causing a painful rash
A mother-of-three has a rare allergy to water which causes a painful rash all over her body if she showers, sweats or even cries.
Candice Dent, 35, from Kentucky, suffers from aquagenic urticaria - which triggers an outbreak of hives if she gets caught in the rain or washes up the dishes.
But she also suffers from dermatographia, meaning her skin becomes itchy and swollen when touched - which she said is far worse.
It prevents her from wearing certain clothes and sleeping on certain materials because they will cause welts in her skin.
Medication has proved to be ineffective, meaning all she... read more
- 14:00 Ex-navy officer to be sentenced for sexual offences against eight...
- 14:00 Charity cyclist to set off at border
- 14:00 Should cobbles make a return to town centre?
- 14:00 Woman found after police appeal
- 14:00 RSPB: Frogs and toads are disappearing from Cumbrian gardens
- 14:00 Mesh bags are a thing this summer so our wallets can rejoice
- 13:59 Is it time to legalise medical cannabis in the UK?
- 13:59 Hull's Poundworld stores are officially closing - with a massive...
- 13:58 Two men rob man and woman of bike and phone in Northampton
- 13:58 LETTER: ‘Children are collateral damage in the war against drugs’
- 13:56 Arsenal transfer news: How Ever Banega could fit into Unai Emery's...
- 13:56 Gateshead snap up released Middlesbrough youngster
- 13:55 Primary school bullies chop off five-year-old disabled girl's hair...
- 13:55 LETTER: ‘Children are collateral damage in the war against drugs’
- 13:55 It's going to be a scorcher and here's what's happening
- 13:54 Argentinean TV station held a minute’s silence after Croatia defeat
- 13:54 Arsenal forget Joel Campbell plays for the club as Costa Rica take...
- 13:54 Exam board makes last-minute changes to two A-level papers after leak
- 13:53 Matteo Salvini: a political chameleon thriving on fears
- 13:53 What to expect when Donald Trump visits the UK
- 13:52 LETTER: ‘Children are collateral damage in the war against drugs’
- 13:51 Callous looters raid fire-damaged Campus bar shut after Glasgow...
- 13:51 Remember Ulises de la Cruz? The former Aston Villa star's career...
- 13:51 Giant gantry to be lifted into place over M6 in Cheshire as part of...
- 13:51 Some Championship clubs will be hit by a transfer embargo, warns boss
- 13:51 Almost 40 firefighters tackle massive West Bromwich factory blaze
- 13:51 Birkir Bjarnason - one for the Aston Villa sale list or one to...
- 13:51 Angry Carlisle man took revenge on neighbour - by throwing lit...
- 13:51 Ex-navy officer to be sentenced for sexual offences against eight...
- 13:51 Rocketing demand for data science skills by students and firms