Mother of boy with Congenital Myotonic Dystrophy left 'emotional' after Coronation Street tackles rare genetic condition
THE MOTHER of a boy with Congenital Myotonic Dystrophy has said that watching Coronation Street tackle the rare genetic condition last night was an "emotional" experience.
Emma-Jayne Ashley's 17-year-old son Dregan Turner, was diagnosed with the rare condition just a day before his 15th birthday, after a lifetime of mis-diagnosis.
Congenital Myotonic Dystrophy is a severe, life threatening, neuromuscular condition which affects every organ in the body and is symptomatic from birth.
Last night Coronation Street featured the character Steve McDonald finding out that his father has... read more
- 12:47 Music review: BBC SSO: The Last Supper
- 12:47 EU migrant crisis creating ‘permanent underclass’ as leaders have...
- 12:47 Music review: The Blue Aeroplanes
- 12:47 Who is new WWE UK Champion Tyler Bate?
- 12:46 Bands line up for charity fund-raiser
- 12:46 Bike wrecked in smash near Huddersfield Crematorium
- 12:45 Snapped: Man Utd outcast Memphis Depay celebrates stunning...
- 12:45 West Keal incident leaves horse rider with serious injury
- 12:45 In 2022 we’ll be able to watch an 1,800-year old star collision
- 12:45 British mothers drinking during pregnancy put us in worst five...
- 12:44 Elbow announce Forest Live summer gig at Cannock Chase
- 12:44 Fifth generation army hero backs Doncaster Free Press memorial...
- 12:44 Sunderland student Charlie has grand designs for the future
- 12:44 Birmingham City manager Gianfranco Zola likens Reece Brown's...
- 12:44 Safety advice about portable heaters during cold weather
- 12:44 Sunderland’s Bic scoops top green travel award
- 12:43 In 2022 we’ll be able to watch an 1,800-year old star collision
- 12:43 Police launch dramatic chase after burglary at salvage yard
- 12:43 Elderly woman rescued from moors after fall
- 12:43 What is the secret to the perfect winter’s day at home?
- 12:42 UK export agency signs first loan deal in Africa for Ghana energy...
- 12:42 Chelsea’s No.1 January transfer target: Antonio Conte desperately...
- 12:42 The 20 Premier League stars in unbelievable form - according to the...
- 12:42 What is the secret to the perfect winter’s day at home?
- 12:41 Chelsea are pro scammers! Twitter reacts as Bamford set for £10m...
- 12:41 Feature: The branch library book-ing the trend
- 12:40 In 2022 we’ll be able to watch an 1,800-year old star collision
- 12:40 Burton Albion transfer talk: Brewers linked with former Ipswich...
- 12:40 COLUMN: Make your dog your running buddy
- 12:40 Resurface work starts as town tip is closed