Mother hopes pop-up ads mean suicide-support a click away
A grieving mother whose daughter took her own life is behind a new campaign to ensure support for people at risk of suicide is just one click away.
Deanna Cruickshank, of Buckie, Moray, believes there is a chance Jo could be alive today if she had discovered help online at her most vulnerable moment.
She is now helping to fund online pop-up ads that appear when a person uses the term suicide in a search engine.
Jo Cruickshank was 36 when she took her own life in August 2015.
Suicide prevention body Choose Life says there has been a rise in women killing themselves in Grampian recently, and... read more
- 13:38 Man says London terrorist tried to kill him in knife attack 15...
- 13:38 #EU60: Six things you should thank the EU for
- 13:38 Tributes paid to ‘lovely’ teen who died after amateur boxing match...
- 13:35 Barcelona striker Luis Suarez: I like this Real Madrid star
- 13:34 Tributes paid to ‘lovely’ teen who died after amateur boxing match...
- 13:34 Suspicious incident in Bakewell last night
- 13:33 'We will be united or not at all!' Tusk warns of EU obliteration if...
- 13:32 Power Rangers news: Shock reason new movie is RATED 18 in Russia -...
- 13:31 The 'swishing' text message scam is shockingly clever and could so...
- 13:31 Wearside wildlife club picks up national award
- 13:31 New salaries for Sunderland City Council: Who earns what?
- 13:30 Ofcom' plans could cost telecoms providers £185m in compensation...
- 13:30 The new £1 coin is near - but you may not be able to use them...
- 13:29 Central Congo militia decapitates 40 police officers in ambush
- 13:28 Riverdale season 1: Who killed Jason Blossom? Best Netflix fan...
- 13:25 6 independent cafes in Leicester city centre that you must try
- 13:25 Lord Bach launches four year police and crime plan for Leicestershire
- 13:25 Northwich play area improvement scheme gets funding boost
- 13:25 What's the hold-up for house sales in Huddersfield?
- 13:25 Arsene Wenger gives update on new Arsenal contract and reveals...
- 13:24 Pokemon Go ENDLESS EVENTS and TRADING: Why Niantic's shiny update...
- 13:24 Sukie’s party shop boss to retire as business relocates to retail...
- 13:23 Red Nose Day fun in Lancashire
- 13:23 The unusual reason why Emma Willis decided to have a third child
- 13:23 Wolves boss Paul Lambert on the future of Helder Costa
- 13:23 These laws are set to come into effect this April - all you need to...
- 13:22 Cat stays warm in a jumper and onesie after almost drowning in a flood
- 13:22 Drone footage beautifully captures Blade leaving Hull city centre
- 13:22 14 films to look forward to in 2017
- 13:21 Springtime sunshine bathes Cumbria - share your scenes