Mother gets a tattoo to match her daughter’s skin condition so she doesn’t feel so alone
When their child is hurting, mothers will do anything to make them feel better.
Woman teaches herself to walk after breaking spine in two places while skydiving But what if it’s a problem that can’t be solved with a big hug and a plaster?
For the mother of a daughter with a rare skin condition, the only thing she could do to make her child feel better was to get a tattoo imitating her affliction.
Kory Poxton, 25, from Sprotbrough, South Yorkshire, got her thigh inked to match the pattern of her daughter’s skin.
Tarly, aged six, has Netherton syndrome, which causes chronic skin blistering... read more
- 09:14 Jug and Jester in Leamington has closed and its new owner will...
- 09:14 Nigel Clough's fine managerial record against Leeds United boosted...
- 09:14 Plans to build £2m medical research lab in Calderdale
- 09:13 Updated: 18-year-old stabbing victim discharged from hospital
- 09:13 Town centre stabbing victim dies
- 09:13 Paul Merson delivers his prediction for Arsenal v Leicester
- 09:13 No way through! Which of the Premier League’s top seven have the...
- 09:13 Real Madrid happy to sell star to Man Utd or Chelsea because of...
- 09:13 £5m prize fund launched to help de-stress ‘stifled’ SMEs
- 09:13 Waxwork honour for Corrie’s Kym
- 09:12 Attackers said ‘we are so sorry’ then threw acid in lecturer’s face
- 09:12 Tortoise somehow gets stuck in gap between two houses
- 09:11 Holly and Phil stunned as Hollyoaks’ Kieron Richardson reveals he...
- 09:11 Burton and South Derbyshire runners complete the Virgin Money...
- 09:10 Doncaster to remember the fallen with King's Own Yorkshire Light...
- 09:10 Eating aged cheeses like cheddar and brie might help you live longer
- 09:10 Cassini spacecraft snaps a shot of Earth between Saturn's rings in...
- 09:09 HALLEY'S COMET SPECTACLE: Fireballs to light up night sky
- 09:09 HARLEQUIN INVASION: Smelly STD-riddled ladybirds from Asia are COMING
- 09:09 Country & Coast: Garden watch gives meagre mammal count of just ten
- 09:09 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and fun quizzes
- 09:08 Aberdeen would have folded against Hibs in the past but we are so...
- 09:08 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and fun quizzes
- 09:08 Stalker is spared from jail after making victim’s life hell
- 09:08 South Shields’ The Word wins four gongs at building awards
- 09:08 Dana White admits he gives Conor McGregor a lot more leeway than...
- 09:08 South Shields ‘run face’ man delighted after marathon effort
- 09:07 Doncaster football legend Kevin Keegan awarded damages after...
- 09:07 Root relishes challenge of aiding Yorkshire’s pursuit of one-day glory
- 09:06 Volunteers urged to help clean up Durham Heritage Coast