Mother appeals for stem cells for dying daughter Ava Stark
A mother has appealed for people to get tested for stem cell donation after her three-year-old daughter lost out on a life-saving transplant for the second time in four months.
Ava Stark, from Lochgelly in Fife, was just 24 hours from the operation when her family was told the donor had to pull out for medical reasons.
Ava has a rare blood disorder and will die without a stem cell transplant.
The donor has to be a 10 out of 10 identical genetic markers match.
Family 'devastated' Her mother Marie is urging people to have a simple test to find out if they can help save her daughter's life.
A... read more
- 12:17 Missing 17-year-old found ‘safe and well’
- 12:16 Actress Tracy Brabin takes Jo Cox’s Batley seat as ‘hate’...
- 12:16 Young actors win roles in Derby Theatre's Christmas show Alice In...
- 12:16 Readers outrage over uniformed veterans being 'discouraged' from...
- 12:14 Disgraced footballer Adam Johnson slashes price of mansion
- 12:14 Halloween 2016 is almost here - send us your Spooky Snaps
- 12:14 Roe-deer hunting on horseback with hounds booming in France
- 12:13 Latics guest columnist Adam Bogdan says determination will pay...
- 12:13 Nintendo pins hopes of a return to greatness on new Switch console
- 12:13 Internet romance scams: 'I realise was being groomed'
- 12:12 Disgraced footballer Adam Johnson slashes price of mansion
- 12:12 Migrant comments led to 'spanking', says BBC's Lineker, but won't...
- 12:12 Nintendo pins hopes of a return to greatness on new Switch console
- 12:11 Gary Lineker hits back after calls for BBC to sack him from Match...
- 12:11 Steven Gerrard reveals just what it takes to be Liverpool captain
- 12:11 Man ‘discovers live maggots’ in porridge but only after he’d eaten...
- 12:11 Sustainability and transformation plans are 'least bad option' for NHS
- 12:10 Community hub plan finally making some progress after delay
- 12:10 Residents against parking proposal
- 12:10 Why leaves on the line might delay your train journey
- 12:10 Pub’s relaunch is out of the starting blocks with sports bar revamp
- 12:10 Watch incredible CCTV showing gang carrying out Mission Impossible...
- 12:09 Bear visitor captured on video by ex-pat Hartlepool man
- 12:09 Ruby the parrot stolen from her Hartlepool homw
- 12:09 Gary Lineker Twitter storm poll: Did Match of the Day host cross...
- 12:09 Hall Street homes plan rejected
- 12:09 Teen takes on 300km coast-to-coast challenge
- 12:09 Nintendo pins hopes of a return to greatness on new Switch console
- 12:09 What Manchester United boss Mourinho had to say about Chelsea ahead...
- 12:08 Ice with that? No problem! Inside the world's southernmost bar in...